X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protesting SOPA

Are you willing to do it?

I am. On January 18th, from 8AM to 8PM I will not be on line.

Join me.
    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/unless...u-can-do/66875

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: Protesting SOPA

I've left messages at both places and will join you.
    woodsmoke

Comment

I'm not convinced that simply turning off the computer influences anyone to do anything. I'd rather commit to sending 30 e-mails per hour for 10 hours to members of Congress. Get 10,000 people to do that, and you'll have some influence, IMO.

Comment

true dlbl
        woodsmoke

Comment

I just got an e-mail reply to my google message from "biznet" that re-directed me to:

http://www.google.com/support/

woodsmoke

Comment

Translation: "Buzz off!"
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

he he yes I just got the same responses from both facebook and google

but will stay off line next Wednesday as well .......no bigey as I have to be at the doctors to look at my back anyway

facebook sent this
              Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We’re constantly trying to improve Facebook, and your input is important to us. Unfortunately, we can’t respond to individual feedback emails, but we are reading them.

If you are having any problems with your account, please find information about Facebook as well as the answers to many of your questions in our Help Center: https://www.facebook.com/help/

Thanks,

The Facebook Team
              and google this

bizdev@google.com

2:18 PM (17 minutes ago)

to me
              Thank you for your note. We receive a great deal of email and are not able
              to personally respond to all proposals. A Google representative will be in
              touch with you shortly if we are interested in exploring your proposal. If
              your email is not related to business development, we encourage you to
              submit your message through the online contact form at
              http://www.google.com/support/

We appreciate your interest in Google, and thank you for taking the time
              to write.

Regards,
              The Google Team
              VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I do not know why this is coming as a shock. The goal of the government at this point is total control of the populous and reliance on them. So cram one entitlement after another down our throats, and socialize medicine making a little over half pay for all. Next they will be pushing gun control or get another border agent killed trying to rabricate a reason to disarm the citizens. Before you die you will have no rights, and we will start by taking your freedom of speech on or off the internet. The ruling class versus the rest. Man has not learned from the past. It is always a repeat just a different time. There is nothing new under the sun.

Comment

My systems will be shut down the 18th

Comment

Now, THIS.... to me, really proves to me that there is "more than meets the eye" on the SOPA thing.

Pres. Obama has come out AGAINST SOPA.

a) Why would he even get involved?
                    b) Let congress "take the heat"...
                    c) If Obama is for it he loses the side that is against it.
                    d) If Obama is against it he loses the side that is for it.
                    e) So...... why come out against it?
                    f) Just like the government used oddball laws to bring down Al Capone, I think there is more than meets the eye to the whole thing.
                    g) With Obama being "against it".....the congress can now not pass it....
                    h) and come back....LATER....and......hmmmm "modify" it....

The White House position was released shortly after one of SOPA’s sponsors, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith, announced the scale of the legislation will be scaled back and provisions for DNS blocking would be removed from the legislation.
                    i) so that we say....ok, the worst is over.... and go back to our IPODS and IPADS......with content that is now REGULATED by the "government".....

j) and the government gets what it really wanted all the time....what, that, particularly, is I have no clue....but...one must wonder.....just why Pres. Obama came out on one side when he is going to lose the other side....

OH.....IF I HAD KNOWN...I woulda had a V-8......

Go back and READ the quote instead of just SCANNING it.....

They are going to remove the provisions for DNS BLOCKING.........

Nothing said about DNS monitoring.....by the government.........hmmmmm

So just how MUCH...... regulation of YOUR life will you accept when you lose just a "little bit"....every time the Demmicats and Repubicans take some away?

Apparently quite a lot....since I don't see many people signing on to GGs thread.....

And they protest so much when a Repubican does it.

woodsmoke

Comment

The President truly believes that "Only the Government knows what is best for all the rest of us", and that is a very scary thing indeed! Orwell's 'Animal Farm' is turning out to be not so fictional after all. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." And our Government is deciding who is "more equal". Be afraid. Be very afraid!
                      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes,
                        I find it rather ironic that the very people who spent their college days watching Orwell's 1984 and shuddering at the thought are now ushering it in.

woodsmoke

Comment

First read the article woodsmoke linked, then...

Comment

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                              The President truly believes that "Only the Government knows what is best for all the rest of us", and that is a very scary thing indeed! Orwell's 'Animal Farm' is turning out to be not so fictional after all. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." And our Government is deciding who is "more equal". Be afraid. Be very afraid!
                              For those who have never seen the move: AnimaL Farm.

Comment

Working...
                              X