X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odd scene & statement in NatGeo Diving into Noah's Flood

It was released, I guess, this week.
    That means that it was filmed at a minimum of last year or maximum coupla years ago.

There were several scenes in "Nasarea" which was a beehive of activity.

The statement by the guy was that he was .....surprised.....that it was a beehive of activity, in the middle of "war torn Iraq".

Not what we were/are told by the national media.

woodsmoke

Re: odd scene & statement in NatGeo Diving into Noah's Flood

I never saw it but the NatGeo has this:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...gc/2012/01/05/
    Archaeologist Jeff Rose embarks on a journey to understand how the destructive forces of water might have inspired the biblical story of Noahs Ark and the great flood. Dr. Rose believes that a massive flood once swallowed a landmass as big as Great Britain, created the Persian Gulf and sent tribes of Neolithic people into constant retreat from the ever-rising waters.
    It's an old hypothesis.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I agree, but the thing that struck me was his amazement that Iraq was not in chaos during the war, and you could see that on the screen.

There was even a guy there that was an Iraqui that went from the U.S. and was living there for some reason...that....said...

"Oh, yeah, I watch NatGeo all the time!"

Not the impression we get/got from the media.

woodsmoke

Comment

Before I canceled cable and stuck up a four element yagi I saw a NatGeo video about a scientist who fled Iraq when Saddam began draining the Tigress Delta to destroy dissidents operating in the swamps there. He came back in 2007, which was when NatGeo filmed the video, and began leading the effort to destroy the diversion canals and re-flood the delta. Everywhere he went he was accompanied by armed Iraqi guards to protect against thieves, Al-Queda, and chiefs of towns along the route who wanted to extort money for "safe passage".

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X