Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But there is also the thing about how next month they are going to spread all of your stuff over, it seems, 60 some odd other "applications" and youtube.

woodsmoke

Comment

Yes, I am watching that closely. I have started using DuckDuckGo as my search engine. The most aggravating thing about all of this is that you cannot change your age in your Google profile. My granddaughter went to YouTube and created a profile there, and listed her personal information while she was signed in using my account. She lied about her age and put down 17. She is only 10. If she had not lied, I would still be blocked from G+.

Comment

And therein lies the big gorilla that everyone says is not in the room when it comes to "protecting children" and these sites. All it takes is clicking a date in the dropdown.

And they know it.

I can remember when a certain administration took Microsith to task over somthing that did not involved children's ages, which, upon reflection is at least "somewhat" more important than which media player is bundled on the desktop.

thanks for the tidbit for people to chew on Detonate.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
        X