This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venn will it end?

[img width=400 height=396]http://tjic.com/archive/touch_your_junk_venn_diagram.jpg[/img]

woodsmoke

Re: Venn will it end?

That IS FUNNY!
    I downloaded it so I could pass it around.

The sad thing is that the TSA is now moving out of the airports and onto interstate highways, setting up checkpoints. The trial run was in Tennessee a few months ago. Now, besides the Interstate, they are going to start appearing at bus stops, even randomly checking them on highways where they set up check points, and later into smaller cities, and towns. It will be pushed as a jobs program, which it will be. The East German Stazi is estimated to have recruited or force at least one out of every seven citizens to spy on the other six. There is even a claim on the Daily KOS, which I do not believe, that the 2nd in command of the Stazi was hired as a consultant by Homeland Security. IF FEMA, DHS and the TSA are not forced back to honoring the Bill of Rights, or dismantled, it won't be long before you will be asked to "Show your papers", and if you don't have them you'll be "detained" indefinitely, as could anyone who was doing you a favor by bringing your papers from your home to the DHA facility, as an "accomplice".

Things wouldn't have gotten as far as they have with regards to our own government shredding the Constitution if people in general weren't such a large collection of mindless, stupid sheep. Right now, all it would take to restore the Constitution is enough people voting in the right people. Later on, voting won't be possible without "papers", the way things are going, and the candidates will be pre-selected.

After all, who have ever thought, on 9/10, that within a few years a stranger could feel around your breasts, genitals and rectum, or even strip search you, even though you haven't been accused or charged with any crime. As it stands now, your 4th Amendment rights have been abolished without so much as an amendment to the Constitution, much less a vote on it.

PS: You do realize, don't you, that there is a law before Congress that would make ridiculing the TSA with stuff like you posted, or talking against it like I have, illegal, punishable with fines and imprisonment?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Nice comments GG.

I suppose that nobody remembers that the very first attempt at "road stops" was back during the Bush administration.

The OUTRAGE of the left was well.....concerted and vocal...

I find it quite curious that the outrage of the left is not being heard under Obama.

Here is a video of a "no reason" Homeland Security checkpoint in Arizona under Bush:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/yHqpuVetLeo

After a bunch of "meetings", they were kind of stopped

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnu-vrervlw

but now they have begun at bus stations in Florida

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4G-0g9PRrE

So.....both BUSH AND OBAMA would RATHER SEARCH LEGAL CITIZENS....than just close the border.

just my thoughts

woodsmoke

Comment

The fellow in the first video answered the TSA officer exactly according to ACLU instructions.

But, if they can eradicate the 4th Amendment so easily the others aren't far behind. All to "keep us safe".
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

I did not know about the ACLU instructions, but it is scary when one can "just be stopped".

However, we can "just be stopped" for a DUI check.

The thing that gets me is that to go from ONE TOWN to ANOTHER TOWN in Communist Russia one had to "get permission".

Ok, if we project that.... what if the government said there was a possible terror threat in New York and said one could not go in?

We.....assume......that there really would be such a threat.

But, then the next step might be that I am a terrorist because I cling to my guns and Bible.

or...

One is a terrorist because one is carry a couple of grams of weed.

woodsmoke

Comment

Ahh, yes . The slippery slope.

And then for just mentioning marijuana (not me, I don't smoke)
            The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

I don't smoke and rarely drink wine, usually white wine when I do. I have never done drugs, either.

But, I see a direct parallel between the prohibition of alcohol and the rise of crime in the US, and the prohibition of Cannabis and the rise of Mexican mobsters and drug running across the border.

IF Americans didn't buy illegal weed the Mexican Mafia would go broke. But, that's not likely to happen any more than Americans stopped drinking alcohol when it was made illegal. Besides, while the laws about weed are harsh for the users, those at the top of the money tree never spend a second in prison, and I have little doubt that the tree goes right into high political offices.

So, the logical step to take is to legalize weed and then tax it, just the way alcohol is. But, that would cut the flow of money to the top. That's why, IMO, our President, also a pot smoker, did NOT support the legalization of pot. I know that for a fact because I signed the petition to legalize pot and got an email from the the agency authorized to speak for the President on this matter "explaining" why he was against legalization. The reasons given were total nonsense, right out of a 1940 "Demon Reefer" movie.

The Federal government itself holds a patent, #6630507, on 21 uses of Cannabis for medicinal purposes, verifying those claims, yet the FDA is constantly claiming that Cannabis is too dangerous for public use.
              From January 1997 to June 2005, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reported zero deaths caused by the primary use of marijuana. Through that time period, 279 deaths were reported where marijuana was a possible "concomitant" drug used in conjunction with other drugs at the time of death. In contrast, common FDA-approved drugs which are often prescribed in lieu of marijuana (such as anti-emetics and anti-psychotics), were the primary cause of 10,008 deaths.
              I believe that the ONLY reason for the Feds to hold the patent on all known medical uses of Cannabis is so that if local or state government legalize pot, even for medical use like it has been done in CA, they can play their trump card and close the pot factories for patent violations.

Meanwhile the death toll of Mexicans is closing in on 50,000 people, and the number of folks sent to prison for the mere possession of a pitiful amount of pot, like sending someone to jail for possessing a shot glass of alcohol, is costing US citizens BILLIONS in prison and enforcement costs.

I'll let John Rutherford, Christian lawyer who defends a lot of Christians deprived of their Constitutional rights, give his opinion:
              https://www.rutherford.org/publicati...on_drugs_short
              So what’s the solution?

As Professor John McWhorter contends, problems of addiction should be treated like the medical problems they are. At the very least, marijuana, which has been widely recognized as medically beneficial, should be legalized. As a society, we would be far better off investing the copious amounts of money currently spent on law enforcement in prevention and treatment programs. And as California has shown, legalizing marijuana could be a boon for struggling state economies. Marijuana is California’s biggest cash crop, responsible for $14 billion a year in sales. Were California to legalize the drug (it legalized medical marijuana in 1996) and allow the state to regulate and tax its sale, tax collectors estimate it could bring in $1.3 billion in revenue. Prior to the Obama administration’s crackdown on the state’s medical marijuana dispensaries, which has cost the state thousands of jobs, lost income and lost tax revenue, California had been raking in $100 million in taxes from the dispensaries alone.

As Neill Franklin, the executive director of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition who worked on narcotics policing for the Maryland State Police and Baltimore Police Department for over 30 years, remarked in the New York Times:

I have spent my entire adult life fighting the war on drugs as a police officer on the front lines. I have experienced the loss of friends and comrades who fought this war alongside me, and every year tens of thousands of other people are murdered by gangs battling over drug turf in American cities, Canada and Mexico. It is time to reduce violence by taking away a vital funding source from organized crime just as we did by ending alcohol prohibition almost 80 years ago.
              So, while crusading Christians brought on alcohol prohibition and its problems, Christians aren't the cause of keeping pot illegal. When I was doing homicide investigations my number one rule was "follow the money", with "follow the sex" my backup plan. The backup plan isn't needed. People at the top are the reason why pot is still illegal. Replace them and maybe we can began reducing the prison population and loss of lives.

Comment

Not only that, not all Christians were for Prohibition. Baptists (and maybe Mormons, I don't know) were for it, whereas the more mainstream Protestants, as well as Catholics, were more likely against it, IIRC.

One of the Pauline letters, I don't knoe which one, says that the love of money is the root of all evil.

The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
                  But, I see a direct parallel between the prohibition of alcohol and the rise of crime in the US, and the prohibition of Cannabis and the rise of Mexican mobsters and drug running across the border.
                  Hasn't our nation already experimented with a form of prohibition? And then realized it made a mistake?

So, the logical step to take is to legalize weed and then tax it, just the way alcohol is. But, that would cut the flow of money to the top. That's why, IMO, our President, also a pot smoker, did NOT support the legalization of pot.
                  Sold his soul to the devil, that one did.

PS: You do realize, don't you, that there is a law before Congress that would make ridiculing the TSA with stuff like you posted, or talking against it like I have, illegal, punishable with fines and imprisonment?
                  The TSA can go to hell. They are one of my favorite targets of pure unadulterated scorn. Read this article at The Atlantic, where Jeffrey Goldberg describes his foray through an airport checkpoint accompanied by Bruce Schneier, one of the world's best thinkers about security policy.

Comment

Regarding the article SR and to the rest of the folk.

The more I think about all this, SOPA, the absolute ridiculousness of what goes on with the TSA.

I cannot but think, in the back of my mind, that this "stuff" is really just a ruse to get the U.S. people so riled up about how bad that is that when they enact the real agenda....hidden in very nice words that do not seem so draconian, or hidden behind actions that do not seem so ridiculous that we just say....

ok.

And, just like the frog in the slowly warming water......the "powers that be" in both parties, in business, in the movers and shakers behind the scenes in education ..... have the U.S. populace just where they want us.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
                    X