This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Random, in the lounge, with a book.

As usual for a Monday, the Alaska Airlines lounge at the Seattle airport is bustling with activity. People working, people chatting, people passing the time. One person here, sitting with a book in his lap, is notably different from all the others. Can you imagine why?

Re: Mr. Random, in the lounge, with a book.

The tome is entitled the Cathedral and the Bazaar. The person has the appearance of an Esquimaux, however, he is not in "traditional garb", he is wearing a Matrix overcoat and has dark glasses on the table instead of "slits".

woodsmoke

Comment

It's Rabbi Snowhog, reading the Torah while awaiting his return flight home.

Comment

His forgot his power cord, his laptop batteries are dead so he went to the book store in the concourse and bought a book.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

LOL, nice.

The answer is in the subject: his book. He was the only one not gazing at some electronic device. I don't know if I would have noticed that a year ago, but this morning it just struck me as obvious. I worry that some day, it'll strike me as unusual!

Comment

That's what I figured upon first read ... and furthermore was about to add some humor by suggesting that he's too embarrassed to do that at home or work, and so chose the anonymity of the airport to really relax (and to expose his quirky habits).
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
            X