X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kenyans turning to Ubuntu

Originally posted by SteveRiley
    Originally posted by ardvark71
    they would adjust their practices accordingly.
    You're operating under the assumption that the guy who runs the place is a rational, logical human being.
    ...who doesn't throw chairs at his employees or run around on stage sweating like a pig and hollering "developers, developers, developers", even though his trainer for "technical evangelists", James Plamondon, called them pawns. This and more was revealed in documents released in the Comes vs Microsoft trial, especially comes-3096.pdf In that document you'll read how Microsoft used the "Stacked Panel", "The Slog", and other unethical techniques to win market share.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Not all of us felt that way. But the behavior is indeed embarrassing, and I tried to stay as far away from it as I could.

The court document you linked included the PPT version of Plamondon's paper. Reviewing it reminded me of the infamous PowerPoint version of the Gettysburg Address. Hilarious, and all too common.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
        To make matters worse for Microsoft, the PC desktop, laptop and notebook and netbook market is shrinking, and Microsoft's offerings in the tablet and smartphone world are not getting traction. Microsoft is barely breaking even on its branding and marketing costs of WinP7 by extorting bogus license fees from Linux and Android vendors. IOW, Microsoft is on the cusp of becoming irrelevent in almost all domains except corporate America.
        The positive side effect of this is that I am noticing that you are seeing fewer web sites that require you to be using Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer. Many popular web sites that previously required this have now become OS independent. The operators are bowing to the demands of their customers that they be able to access the sites from their mobile devices. Silverlight and ActiveX controls are disappearing from the WWW.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley
          The court document you linked included the PPT version of Plamondon's paper. Reviewing it reminded me of the infamous PowerPoint version of the Gettysburg Address. Hilarious, and all too common.
          That Gettysburg address reveal in stunning parody how mind numbing a PowerPoint presentation can be.

The PDF that I references has revealing info on Microsoft's behavior on pages 10, 13, 53-55.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X