This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome browser overtakes Firefox

Being a happy chromium-browser user for 2 or 3 years now, this feels like "validation":

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/04/tech/w...html?hpt=hp_c2

Re: Chrome browser overtakes Firefox

Well.... as can be seen in the article, it kinda depends on whose stats you use.

StatCounter has Chrome ahead of Firefox; Net Applications has Firefox ahead of Chrome; A recent article at Ars Technica using Net Marketplace for stats also puts Firefox ahead of Chrome.

Personally I use Firefox, SRWare Iron (a Chrome fork) and Opera, depending on my mood. Firefox has held its place as my favourite due to its unrivalled customisability thanks to the huge range of addons, not least of which is the Oxygen KDE skin which makes it visually integrate very nicely into my Kubuntu desktop.

At the end of the day, I don't much care which browser has the most marketshare, but I'm pleased that IE continues to decline. Although it may not be a good thing from a web developer's POV, I think the best thing for the 'open web' is for no one browser to dominate, but a healthy competition between multiple browsers.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
    X