This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kUbuntu 11.10 after years on Windows

I have switched from Windows 7 to kUbuntu 11.10 about a month ago. I have to say I'm very surprised on all the improvements (comparing to desktop Linux few years ago). Everything is so easy. I didn't have to install any drivers at all. And when I connect something to USB the proper module is being loaded and everything works. Other than that, this KDE4 is so beautiful!

I'm gonna give one example comparing Windows and Linux. I have an USB GPS receiver. Windows didn't even detect it itself, I had to find drivers. When I did and installed them, it still didn't work. But when I plugged it on my Linux the module was loaded automatically and I could read my position, etc, using xgps tool. Wanna know the most contradiction of this case? This USB GPS receiver is made by Microsoft

I don't think I'm gonna ever get back to Windows. It's so... I'm not gonna use restricted words. I don't play games, so it won't be a problem and there is Wine after all which I'm successfully using.

kUbuntu is so good, I didn't came across any flaws. It's just perfect.

Re: kUbuntu 11.10 after years on Windows

I'm very glad that you are having a great experience with Kubu.

Please do not be a stranger! We like to have people visiting about a variety of things and if everything is working for you ....the you can just...kibbitz!!

woodsmoke

Comment

Re: kUbuntu 11.10 after years on Windows

It good to hear success stories.

Definitely keep the forum in mind if you have any questions or like to hang out.

Comment

Working...
      X