• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Distro, Debian Sid-based Siduction

Forked from aptosid, this should be an interesting one to follow:

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=07039

Re: New Distro, Debian Sid-based Siduction

I completely agree with the fellow about;

a) the devs were really kind of not involved but .....

if one GAVE to the forum before one ASKED from the forum, .....

then one got good responses but....it is not a very "chatty" place.

However, I did learn a new word: renitent

b) The fellow mentioned "artwork"....there several things about "artwork".....

i) the artwork of the place was "grayish" and "reddish" which on first blush seems ok but as a fellow that ran another forum learned when he did it in all black and blue accents it was just...well.... I learned the practical way when I was kid about "artwork of the environment" Some folks across from us built a new house and the wife wanted "pink" in the bedroom. That is ok, but it was ALL pink.... and came out as very "harsh" to the eyes....she couldn't sleep and neither could the husband...my mother suggested that she change to "white" with pink and some blue highlights...and it was great... so "artwork" either "forces" an "atitude" or "reflects" and "atitude it is hard to tell which.

b) the scorpion a kewl image, but then actually trying to do "art" for the distro gets very hard to do. I don't know why the artists left but it is VERY hard to get good artists and that was, I am sure, a blow to the group.

But, I agree that there were a few things that did not seem to be getting into the distro that would have put it out even more on the edge.

And I will say that except for one thing, I had zero problems with AptoSid and that was the video would not let it boot.

I do one simple thing when a distro won't boot. I remove my video card and let the onboard video take over, then tweak the video and put the card back in the machine and it usually works fine.

So...yes, it will be interesting and I'll put it on an HD in a few days.

Thanks for the linky.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
    X