X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you ever consider the word Zamboni?

I mean really.

woodsmoke

Re: Did you ever consider the word Zamboni?

Frank Zamboni
    Frank Joseph Zamboni, Jr. (January 16, 1901 – July 27, 1988) was a U.S. inventor whose most famous invention is the modern ice resurfacer, with his surname becoming a generic colloquialism and trademark for these resurfacers.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The word rarely enters my mind. If, however, my last name were Palin, I suppose Zamboni would worry me a bit more.

Comment

lol
        woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley
          The word rarely enters my mind. If, however, my last name were Palin, I suppose Zamboni would worry me a bit more.
          When Palin began running I thought, "Oh great... another cheer leader bimbo with good looks and a degree in broadcasting trying to parley her looks into the office of POTUS."

But, then she dropped out of the running, but not after parleying the publicity into millions of dollars of personal wealth, so maybe she not a dumb bimbo (pardon the redundancy) like I first thought. After all, she does understand the need to cover up:

All-in-all, like Limbaugh, Beck, Rhodes or Malloy, the talking heads know how to stroke their followers for the maximum amount of cash using inflammatory speech but not willing to put their "solutions" up for a vote by really running for office.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X