This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order is sometimes very important

I am a member of a club which is a unit of a much larger multinational organization.

However, the "rules" of the "units" are pretty much up to the unit itself, there is very little in the way of an "overarching" set of rules.

Several of the members got into a tiff and things were said and done which soon ended up with a lawyer formally threatening to "sue" on the part of one of the aggrieved people.

Several "other people" and one of those involved decided to "do some stuff" and called upon Robert's Rules of Order, which are the "fallback" of most, if not all of the units of the organization.

Unfortunately, SAYING that one is going to use them is not necessarily the same as KNOWING how to use them.

Enter the Future Farmers of America and what USED TO BE a thriving "debate" tradition in U.S. schools.

I actually did the Rules while Parliamentarian for the FFA and while debating and as a "judge" as a teacher.

U.S. educationists really "threw the baby out with the bathwater" starting with the sixties "let it be" attitude and a lot of people pay for it in ways that they have never imagined....

like not understanding the shenanigans that are carried out at city, county, state and national legislatures.

woodsmoke

Re: A knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order is sometimes very important

I declare your logic to be 'out of order!'
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: A knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order is sometimes very important

lol
      woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X