Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could we say Kontact is "fully functional"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could we say Kontact is "fully functional"?

Yup, KDE is 4.7.3 so I guess Kontact is as well ...

How do I check if Nepomuk is running? Does it have anything to do with Akonadi? I am really not liking how they made this so complicated!

Thanks.

EDIT: Here's a grep for nepomuk:

footer@kubuntu64:~$ ps -ef|grep nepomuk
    footer 22782 22726 0 08:23 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_calendar_feeder --identifier akonadi_nepomuk_calendar_feeder
    footer 22784 22726 0 08:23 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder --identifier akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder
    footer 22863 1 0 08:23 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/nepomukserver
    footer 28356 22870 0 22:47 pts/0 00:00:00 grep nepomuk

I guess that means it's running...?

Comment

hi footer
      You should please remember that I am not all that "Linuxy" a kind of guy, I do applications and hardware so all that "Linuxy" stuff is somewhat beyond my limited capabilities.

However, I would say yes...but.... the simple way to check is:

menu/system settings/personal information/akonadai resource configuration

if the system is set so that it can access things like gmail etc. there should be some symbols and text describing the symbols like:

personal contacts(ready)
      notes9ready)
      google mail(offline)
      IMAP account(ready)
      local folders(ready)
      std.ics(this is the cvs calendar way of doing things
      birthdays and anniversaries(for me maybe not for you

If not then you can use the "add" button to add items you wish, it might take a shutdown and then reading the howto on gmail or whatever setup and then waiting for strigi to do the desktop search, if you do one you should just go ahead and do the other.

so, holler back and I'm sure that someone more knowledgable than my will be along, maybe after staggering in from a hangover from NewYear's celelbration! lol

woodsmoke

Comment

Hey woodsmoke,

Thanks for the help thus far. I had a hunch that was where I needed to muck around (Akonadi resource configuration). I tried adding a KDE Calendar (traditional) but it kept crashing. So something's not right. When I imported my contacts, I ended up creating an address book which landed in here and it says it's ready. So apparently that's the state I need to get to with the calendar as well.

No time this morning to play but I'll get after it and see what I can break ... lol

Thanks again for your help! At least I'm pointed in the right direction. I'll post back here when I finally figure out what works.

Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
        X