This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saying Hi

I thought I would join the forum today. Gives me another place to read what others are working through to get ideas for issues I may encounter. Started messing with linux back 94. Started with redhat, a lot of coffee and beer and time on my hands. Started using debian about 7 years ago. Tried Ubuntu a couple of times, but was never my thing. The last couple of years I have been using Mint, but wanted to get back to KDE because of the way that gnome is going. Kind of a toss up right now as to who has the worst desktop, gnome or ubuntu with unity. So I figured I would give kubuntu a spin, before dropping off to running BSD.

Re: Just saying Hi

Welcome cavedweller! Well, we here like Kubuntu Linux (not that you wouldn't of guessed!), but aren't snobs about it (mostly). If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We do our best to provide or locate the answers.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Welcome, cavedweller. Glad you're here, even if only temporarily. Hopefully you'll decide you like Kubuntu and stick around.

I'm no fan of GNOME and have used KDE since its earliest days. I'll take a glimpse at GNOME...Unity...whatever the hell they're calling it now...from time to time, just to reinforce my belief that KDE is vastly superior.

If you have any questions or run into any issues, post away!
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

hi and welcome to a very friendly forum cavedweller!
        woodsmoke

Comment

Welcome !

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X