X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bye, Bye American Pie ......

Actually, you do! Both of you! 8)

The hours you two have devoted to this forum and Linux goes WAY ABOVE the norm, in any context, and is WELL APPRECIATED by the forum members.

Snowhog, you've posted 12, 795 times, 1/3rd of those in the "Help the New Guy" section, and the only time you appear to sleep is between 5 and 6 AM.

Dibl's not far behind, at 12, 242 posts, but he sleeps from 11PM to 3AM And, like you, nearly 1/3rd of his posts are in the "Help the New Guy" section.

It would take almost all of the posts of the next three highest posters to match either of your totals.

I know you guys wouldn't "blow your own horn", but both of you deserve the accolades.

Personally, I gave up trying to catch you when you crossed 10,000 posts, because quality is better than quantity, and the quality of posts you and Dibl make are unmatched in volume.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...=posts;start=0

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Ah shucks. Now you've gone and embarrassed me.

I do not claim to be a Linux/Kubuntu guru - I'm not. What I am however, is a Kubuntu Linux user who is very comfortable using this OS and computers in general. I like computers. I am also (it seems) good at finding answers to questions, and eliciting information from posters that help, either myself or others, in getting the answer/answers that are needed.

"Sleep and sleep, what is sleep?"
      (Star Trek: The Original Series, Season 3, episode 1, "Spock's Brain" slightly modified)
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The quote in my sig is from GreyGeek
        For real now, KFN is the only other forum that i visit, aside from the Crunchbang forums. On both of these, the user to expert ration is probably the highest on the Linux forum scene. I'd help out a little more here, but I'm not very knowledgeable about KDE, and you guys have most of the stuff covered.
        "The only way Kubuntu could be more user friendly would be if it came with a virtual copy of Snowhog and dibl"

Comment

Originally posted by de_koraco
          The quote in my sig is from GreyGeek
          For real now, KFN is the only other forum that i visit, aside from the Crunchbang forums. On both of these, the user to expert ratio is probably the highest on the Linux forum scene.
          Thank you for the praise. Our host, Open Source, did the Linux/KDE community a very great service when he put KFN online. I think, that had it not been for KFN, I might very likely have given up on Linux. The sheer amount of helpful support I got here made me a Linux convert, and I am completely Windows free on my two laptops here at home. Every time I had a problem (I didn't ever have very many), I was able to post the question and get knowledgeable responses that fixed the problem in very short order. In my early days (2007), as a 'noob', I was never treated with anything other than kindness and respect.

Kubuntuforums is, in my opinion, a very unique Linux Forum, and even though I haven't actively looked, I think that it is the best Linux/Kubuntu Forum on the Net - period.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, there's no dumb ideology or "power users" chastising people for asking a question, which always makes for a good vibe. It's because the forum is not super big. Let the people use Gnome, you guys with KDE and us with obscure window managers have our little hideouts and that's just fine.
            "The only way Kubuntu could be more user friendly would be if it came with a virtual copy of Snowhog and dibl"

Comment

Working...
            X