X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death by a thousand Google irritations

So no matter what I do, I can't figure out how to make this thing go away:

I don't want to share on Google+, I have no need to share on Google+. But their stupid blue bar interferes with my user experience when I just want to search. Argh!

Google, why are you bothering me like that? Just because I want to use one of your products, you don't have the right to hobble my experience by forcing me to use some other product of yours. Imagine if Microsoft abused its position as the dominant supplier of operating systems and made it difficult for me to use other third-party applications! Oh, um, er, wait...

Re: Death by a thousand Google irritations

I think if you go to Account Settings, there is an option "Delete Google + and all that goes with it".
    "The only way Kubuntu could be more user friendly would be if it came with a virtual copy of Snowhog and dibl"

Comment

Originally posted by de_koraco
      I think if you go to Account Settings, there is an option "Delete Google + and all that goes with it".
      I'm looking for, but i don't find where is it, i hate that also ! >
      Kubuntu 11.10 - French

Comment

"The only way Kubuntu could be more user friendly would be if it came with a virtual copy of Snowhog and dibl"

Comment

Thanks to you !
          Kubuntu 11.10 - French

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley
            I don't want to share on Google+, I have no need to share on Google+. But their stupid blue bar interferes with my user experience when I just want to search. Argh!
            https://ssl.scroogle.org/
            https://duckduckgo.com
            https://ixquick.com/
            Welcome newbies!
            Verify the ISO
            Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Good news!!! The black bar is going away!! 8)
              http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/...-redesign.html
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

But I never signed up for Google+, so my account options page doesn't have the setting you highlighted in the image you posted.

Thanks for the reminder.

Originally posted by GreyGeek
                Good news!!! The black bar is going away!! 8)
                The black bar never worked in Konqueror unless you crafted an acceptable user-agent string. I wonder whether the replacement drop-down menu will.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley
                  But I never signed up for Google+, so my account options page doesn't have the setting you highlighted in the image you posted.
                  +1 :P
                  Kubuntu 11.10 - French

Comment

Ah, I see, so it was spamming you to open an account. My bad.

Comment

I've always ignored that bar. I noticed it was there, but I never paid much attention as I would be focused on my search results in Google if I was looking up something. Hence, I've never had a problem with it.
                      The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

That stupid bar was on google.nl for about two days and disappeared again. Just spamming you to open a Google-+ thing, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                        X