Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can anyone guess what my big news is?

Originally posted by vinnywright
    ? your going to attempt the Vulcan mind meld with your database server and launch your conscious into the matrix ?

☢VINNY☢
    No. But that sure sounds like fun!
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

This sounds like something you want to happen, but for whatever reason may not happen. You are planning on retiring?
      Linux User #454271

Comment

Originally posted by inhiway
        This sounds like something you want to happen, but for whatever reason may not happen. You are planning on retiring?
        No.
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu
          There are no pregnancies involved. (If I were pregnant, it would take an act of God....)
          Your news is that you've already become a guy, then?

Originally posted by woodsmoke
          b) you are going to have a sex change.
          No.
          Oops, guess not.

oriental pedicurasts who do the foot cleaning with the little fishes nibbling at your toes!!
          I tried this during one of my many trips to Singapore. Very unsettling at first, but very relaxing after a short while. Of course, then the place just had to do a foot massage, which really hurt. The "therapist" hauled out his reflexology charts (total crap) and was convinced that something in my foot indicated a digestive problem. Nope, sorry, all the plumbing's just fine.

? your going to attempt the Vulcan mind meld with your database server
          God, please, no. The world has too many Oracles already.

Finally, there is a remote chance that it won't come to fruition. Either way, in January I'll spill the beans.
          So it it's novel, not biological, is kind of event-ish, and could be answered "yes" or "no." I got it: you're saying that, come January, there will elapse a full week in which you won't chronicle your wireless router woes on KFN?

Comment

You are going to meet, or host, a celebrity or very famous person (actor, politician, the Pope) ... ?
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

or ... you are going to take a trip/vacation you've always wanted to go on ... ?
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

You guys make me ROFLMFAO.

Originally posted by SteveRiley
                There are no pregnancies involved. (If I were pregnant, it would take an act of God....)
                Your news is that you've already become a guy, then?
                No. However, I've been told I have balls so many times you'd think I already WAS a guy. That's why whenever I'm addressed as "he" or "him" on a forum, and then point out that I'm female, and am met with "Really?!", I usually say "Hold on a second while I check..."

b) you are going to have a sex change.
                No.
                Oops, guess not.

oriental pedicurasts who do the foot cleaning with the little fishes nibbling at your toes!!
                I tried this during one of my many trips to Singapore. Very unsettling at first, but very relaxing after a short while. Of course, then the place just had to do a foot massage, which really hurt. The "therapist" hauled out his reflexology charts (total crap) and was convinced that something in my foot indicated a digestive problem. Nope, sorry, all the plumbing's just fine.
                It sounds a little off-putting, you know?

? your going to attempt the Vulcan mind meld with your database server
                God, please, no. The world has too many Oracles already.
                Okay.

Finally, there is a remote chance that it won't come to fruition. Either way, in January I'll spill the beans.
                So it it's novel, not biological, is kind of event-ish, and could be answered "yes" or "no." I got it: you're saying that, come January, there will elapse a full week in which you won't chronicle your wireless router woes on KFN?
                :P For your information, it's been almost a week already! (I think.) And not only that, but I don't expect to HAVE any more router woes. (Did you read my update on the networking board? I bought a new LinkSys router and five minutes after receiving it I was up and running--flawlessly. Yay!)

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike
                  You are going to meet, or host, a celebrity or very famous person (actor, politician, the Pope) ... ?
                  No. But I do live in the Los Angeles area, so you never know--it could happen just out of the blue. (YEARS ago, I saw--and photographed, without getting slugged--Madonna and Sean Penn at the Beverly Center in LA. Back then you actually had to use film in your camera.)

Originally posted by Qqmike
                  or ... you are going to take a trip/vacation you've always wanted to go on ... ?
                  No. Sounds good, though.

Comment

No. However, I've been told I have balls so many times
                    This is an entirely believable statement.

am met with "Really?!", I usually say "Hold on a second while I check..."
                    And it would appear we've come to learn, at least in this thread, that each and every time you check, the results will be the same. It's these comfortable nuggets of certainty that help make the world go round, you know? (Oh, wait, YoDoKnow. Or YouDoKnowbowntow. Or something like that.)

I tried this during one of my many trips to Singapore. Very unsettling at first, but very relaxing after a short while.
                    That was my initial reaction, too. But after just a few moments the feeling became pleasurable. After 15 minutes with the small 2" fishes, they move you to the tank with the big 6" suckers. That was, well, a whole 'nuther experience

:P For your information, it's been almost a week already! (I think.) And not only that, but I don't expect to HAVE any more router woes. (Did you read my update on the networking board? I bought a new LinkSys router and five minutes after receiving it I was up and running--flawlessly. Yay!)
                    I saw! Congratulations. You'll learn to hate consumer networking gear as much as I do.

Comment

You turn 65 in January and start collecting social security.
                      Boot Info Script

Comment

Originally posted by verndog
                        You turn 65 in January and start collecting social security.
                        No. (And I'm not THAT old! )

Comment

No. However, I've been told I have balls so many times
                          This is an entirely believable statement.
                          Yes indeed.

I tried this during one of my many trips to Singapore. Very unsettling at first, but very relaxing after a short while.
                          That was my initial reaction, too. But after just a few moments the feeling became pleasurable. After 15 minutes with the small 2" fishes, they move you to the tank with the big 6" suckers. That was, well, a whole 'nuther experience
                          I can only imagine. Actually...I think I'd rather NOT.

I saw! Congratulations.
                          Thanks. I failed to mention in the networking thread that I totally skipped the "Start with this CD! Run the installation wizard before plugging anything in!" part. Bah! I didn't even break its seal.

You'll learn to hate consumer networking gear as much as I do.
                          I guess I've been very lucky. As you know, the wireless router that recently died was the first and only router I've ever had--and it was 5+ years old. Other than that, other networking gear (NICs, cables, modems, etc.) I've just never had any issues with, and we're talking about 25+ years. Yes, there was that modem that got fried during a thunderstorm because I didn't unplug the phone cord from it, but that was my fault, not the modem's!

Comment

Ok, I think I've figured it out.

You are in negotiations with a party which is offering you big money for your on-line business and the signing date is in January. IF things go well you'll get a nice wad of money for you business and copyrights that you can use for what ever.
                            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

My guess is that you are going to work for Canonical to help develop Kubuntu .

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
                                Ok, I think I've figured it out.

You are in negotiations with a party which is offering you big money for your on-line business and the signing date is in January. IF things go well you'll get a nice wad of money for you business and copyrights that you can use for what ever.
                                Nope!

Comment

Working...
                                X