This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu on Macbook7,1

Kubuntu is outstanding!!! Of the four LiveCD distros I attempted to test on my Macbook7,1 only Kubuntu proved successful. The LiveCD fire up without complaint, installing to HD was equally a success.
    Nearly every piece of hardware was detected and configured correctly, amazing! There were a couple small adjustments needed, simple things like turning off a red LED in the headphone jack, but otherwise it was perfect!

Re: Kubuntu on Macbook7,1

hi campfool and welcome to a very friendly forum!

And thanks for the nice report!

Please don't be a stranger

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by Campfool View Post
      Kubuntu is outstanding!!! Of the four LiveCD distros I attempted to test on my Macbook7,1 only Kubuntu proved successful. The LiveCD fire up without complaint, installing to HD was equally a success.
      Nearly every piece of hardware was detected and configured correctly, amazing! There were a couple small adjustments needed, simple things like turning off a red LED in the headphone jack, but otherwise it was perfect!
      Hi and welcome to KFN!

Interesting, I have never heard of a Mac testimony here, thought it was still in the development zone ... nice to hear, soo many more to convince about free software

B.R

Jonas
      ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
      Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
      Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
      Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
      - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
      >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
      X