This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fedora 16 released

I wonder if anyone here has tried the newest release from the Fedora camp. I would most want to hear from those who used it on NVidia cards (integrated or discrete). Because I have had problems in the few past releases (12 and 14) with X freezing on me regardless of the Nvidia driver (nv, nouveau or nvidia) used, but good ol' vesa works as usual (but no effects of course).
    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Re: Fedora 16 released

I attempted to install Fedora 16 on my old laptop, but that failed miserably. (I've written all about somewhere around here...). That laptop just isn't up to it. I did, however, run the live CD on my new laptop and it looked amazing and ran great. I don't like dual booting, so installing it alongside Kubuntu isn't an option, and I'm too loyal to Kubuntu to wipe it off this laptop, so right now I'm not running Fedora 16 but may put it on one of my other computers.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Re: Fedora 16 released

Finally, a response.

I'm still open to fedora, but instead I put in Ubuntu on another partition I had already set up with Gnome Shell instead of Unity, just for kicks. I installed a few extensions from the WebUpd8 GNOME3 PPA, including the alternate menu so I can shutdown more easily. Probably next I'll try the MGSE, which is also in the same PPA repo, next and see how that works.
      The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Working...
      X