This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu Developer Summit for 12.04

Heh, I really don't know where this should go, so any Mods feel free to move it where it may be more appropriate

I have been given the opportunity to attend UDS in Orlando next week!!

I am both stoked and nervous for various reasons, but overall I am extremely excited!

I have no idea of what to expect, but it will be a real treat to see how the Ubuntu folks work out how the next release will be.

There will be some Kubuntu folks there in person, but as you can imagine there are not be a whole lot of Kubuntu related talks and track relative to the summit as a whole, but there are so many meetings and talks that I definitely will be able to keep myself busy, I am sure.

I have a unique perspective here as a representative of both Kubuntu and it's users, perhaps that will provide some interesting feedback to both Ubuntu and Kubuntu..

I will try to keep updates posted both here and (more likely) on my blog

Add your questions, ideas, concerns to this thread.

Re: Ubuntu Developer Summit for 12.04

Originally posted by claydoh
    Heh, I really don't know where this should go, so any Mods feel free to move it where it may be more appropriate
    Gimme a minute. I need to create a new forum section "Posts that make the rest of us jealous." Expect to find your post kicked over there momentarily! :P

Originally posted by claydoh
    I have been given the opportunity to attend UDS in Orlando next week!!

I have a unique perspective here as a representative of both Kubuntu and it's users, perhaps that will provide some interesting feedback to both Ubuntu and Kubuntu..

I will try to keep updates posted both here and (more likely) on my blog
    Congratulations, really. This is great. Enjoy your time, and we look forward to your trip reports.

Comment

Yeah -- congrats! Looks like a fun and educational week.

Comment

So far UDS-P is a blast!

EVERYONE is nice, EVERYONE is awesome, too

I get to hang with Jonathan Riddell,
        Aurélien Gâteau, Rodrigo Belem, Michal Zajac, and David Wonderly from the Kubuntu team, as well as the super cool Alex Fiestas from KDE. Not to mention all the Ubuntu and Canonical folks.

We have discussed a few things Kubuntu-specific, I will have a summary later after UDS is over. I myself will have a topic on involving the Kubuntu community (YOU folks ) more, as well as somehow getting the dev guys more occasionally involved in the forums as well sometimes

Comment

Working...
        X