Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I broke my phone...anyone familiar with repair places?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, I broke my phone...anyone familiar with repair places?

Originally posted by SteveRiley
    Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu
    So I stuck the tip of my mechanical pencil into the hole
    Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu
    I guess I'll use my Bravo, complete with its cracked glass, as an expensive paperweight!
    Or you could use it as a pencil sharpener
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
      I fear my reputation has preceded me... 8)
      Indeed!
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
        Steve did you get an android phone recently, or is my old memory deceiving me? I'm looking hard at the Samsung Nexus S.
        Still using the T-Mobile G2 I got in January this year. Before that I had a G1. I've gone through a dozen or so Android builds on the G2; after a brief love affair with MIUI, I've settled on ILWT's mod of CyanogenMod 7.

My 4 KDE desktops keep me spinning -- I don't think I could handle more than that!
        A 4-inch "desktop" isn't quite the same thing as a 22-inch DESKTOP. Think of the Android UI as a presentation of pages, upon which you can organize application icons.

Yikes, that thing is $550!
        I paid outright for my G2: $400. At the time, T-Mobile was offering an interest-free payment plan to spread the cost out over 18 months. The service plan was commensurately less expensive per month than a plan-with-phone contract. So ultimately over the course of a couple years, I'll have spent less money going the route I did than with a traditional plan that discounts the phone and then recoups the charge by raising the monthly plan rate, because you'll keep paying that higher rate for so long as you own the phone.

Comment

OK, thanks.

I went ahead and sprung for the Nexus S. Total monthly fee including unlimited data is a little over $50.00 -- that looks about as cheap as I'm going to find, given the discount on the phone. I've been spoiled with my ancient Motorola Razr and a $25/100 minutes plan for the past 7 years, but life is moving on and changing and I need the better service now.

I appreciate the feedback guys -- thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr

7 "desktops" and looks of widgets.

My 4 KDE desktops keep me spinning -- I don't think I could handle more than that!
            Oh, goodness--one of the first things I always do on a fresh install is set up 9 desktops.

Comment

Yeah, we're off contract so I paid $499 each for the phones. Pricey, but my service with T-Mobile is $130 a month for four lines unlimited talk, text and data which is real good for out here in SoCal.

My wife and I's last phones lasted well into three years without issue so we were due new phones. My sons on the plan have to buy their own phones!

Please Read Me

Comment

Here's an update: My Atrix arrived today and I'm thrilled with it! Its screen is a little larger than the Bravo's, and I'm glad because of my piss-poor eyesight. I stuck the Bravo's SIM card into the Atrix and was good to go. Now if I can only avoid the urge to stick my mechanical pencil in its little hole at the top of the glass...

Comment

Working...
                X