X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clams on the half shell are nasty!

Kick me off the forum!
    Ban me from Kubuntu Forums, index.

I have tried "clams on the half-shell" from Hong Kong to Chicago.

I thought Trader Vic's probably had the LEAST nasty ones...but....

I tried them again tonight and ....

BAN ME IF YOU WISH.....

I really WANT SOMEBODY....ANYbody...to get on the forum and give me a recipe TO DISPROVE ME!!!

But they are just NASTY!!!!

Give me the recipe and I will take it to my favourite chef..... and report back!!

[img width=400 height=300]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/james5280/2011-10-20182459.jpg[/img]

woodtheyarejustnastysmoke

Re: clams on the half shell are nasty!

I've had oysters on the half shell a few times. I actually like them. But, not without a good sauce and lemon juice. The trick is not to chew them, but to swallow them down.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

ewww still nasty!!

woodsmoke

Comment

What is it about the oyster that you find -- disgusting? The taste? The feel? The visual connotation ("looks like a bugger to me!")?

Comment

I think George Carlin put it best:

And oysters. I cannot eat oysters -- or clams -- not for the reason you mention, which is "Uuuuuuh!" but because when I look at an oyster, I think, "Hey! Somebody lives in there! That's somebody’s little house! I'm not going to break in on somebody just to eat them. Come on! We've got laws against that. That's breaking and eating, I believe." Don't get me wrong. If an oyster slips and falls out of his shell, I'll eat that *!@#% in a minute! I got no mercy on a clumsy mollusk. But I'm not going in after somebody. Hey, he might be making a pearl. He might have just brought home a Heathkit and cleaned off the tabletop. Not my job to mess with an [echo effect] oyster's... oyster's... oyster's....
          (From the album version of "Fussy Eater." The YouTube clips don't include this part.)

Comment

I LOVE oysters on the half-shell.. you hear that woodactinglikeasqueamishbabysmoke?

Ummmm, yummy. And yes - I chew them too. They actually have different flavors depending on the type and the water they grew up in.

Currently, our local fresh fish house has 8 varieties. I love the small but full-of-flavor North Puget Sound oysters. They have a nice buttery and almond flavor. Unfortunately there is a bacteria issue for the time being in that part of the world. So I'm sticking to the Atlantic types for now.

And Snowhog - my local place serves them with a touch of shredded raw horseradish (rather than prepared) and a little cocktail sauce on the side. Clears the sinuses and the palate at the same time! I prefer mine with a spicy Bloody Mary to wash them down.

-- OK, great! Now I'm hungry...

oshunthinkingaboutdinnerplansluvr

Please Read Me

Comment

They are STILL just nasty! squishyness, slimeyness, oozieness just....nasty!!

woodsmoke

Comment

"WoodsmokedoystersIthinknotsmoke"

Comment

Mebbe Hank Locklin got it right:

Roll 'EM UP AND FRY 'EM UP AND BAKE 'EM UP RIGHT!

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
                  X