This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forums

Hey everyone, just thought I would introduce myself. I've been using Ubuntu for less than a year now, started with 10.10. I recently decided to stick with Kubuntu because the KDE desktop is just so much more productive then unity, and I really don't like gnome 3 at all. I'm active on the Linux.com forums and was looking for another to be active in, since i'm a Kubuntu user this makes sense.

I'm not a Linux guru but I have been using and experimenting with it for 6 months now and love it. I'm at the point where I can help people newer than me with common issues which is great, but once in a while I still run into an issue of my own as well.

I'm currently a computer and network sub-contractor all my professional experience is windows based, i'm working on my associates and bachelors to switch and become a computer programmer.

Anyway, i'm glad to be here!

Re: New to the forums

Hello RSims

Welcome to Kubuntu Forums.

The people here are very friendly and helpful.

Your choice of Kubuntu is great.

Please hang around...
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Welcome to KFN. Always nice to see a new member. That you "can help people newer than me with common issues" is of course, what KFN is all about - helping others.

Glad to have you aboard.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Glad you're here.

Originally posted by RSims
        I'm not a Linux guru but I have been using and experimenting with it for 6 months now and love it. I'm at the point where I can help people newer than me with common issues which is great, but once in a while I still run into an issue of my own as well.
        Ha ha! Even those of us who've used *nix for DECADES run into issues from time to time. I think it's great that you're so new to Linux yet are already doing the Linux-y thing and helping others.

I'm currently a computer and network sub-contractor all my professional experience is windows based, i'm working on my associates and bachelors to switch and become a computer programmer.
        I had many happy years programming (and administering UNIX systems), so I think you're making a great choice.
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Hi RSims and welcome to the forum!

woodsmoke

Comment

hi there and welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X