X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is time running out for all non Microsoft OS's

Woodsmoke -

Thanks for doing the research into the corrupted office files. I've never touched Office 2010 until about five minutes ago, and ran into the same problem.

I created a document in Libreoffice so my son could track his cards he's collecting. Saved it as the default .odt file like I always do, and shot it accross the network to my wife's computer. That's where the printer is hooked up.

For some reason, my current Kubuntu desktop is connected to the printer also via the network, but it won't print anything. A problem for another day.

When I opened the file in office 2010 (she uses Windows 7), I was told the file was corrupt!

Huh? How can it be corrupt, It's just a couple of pages of simple text.

I skipped past all the dire warnings, and finally got the file to open. But by then it has rearranged everything anyway. I had the document at 5 pages, Office 2010 increased it to six pages.

At work we're stuck with Office 2007, so I default everything I work on as .doc so I can open it at home if needed, and never had problems.

Looks like it's time to up the pressure on the wife to give Kubuntu a try...

Comment

Working...
    X