This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded to 11.10 OK

I just thought I would put in a positive word here. I upgraded to 11.10 Ubuntu a few days ago and to 11.10 Kubuntu today. There were a few tweaks needed in the screen resolution/display of my CRT but for the most part everything has gone fine thus far.

I have Kubuntu and Ubuntu on separate primary partitions and I run both for different reasons but I had a lot of help in this Forum in setting up a file sharing of Doc.'s,Music and Pictures. I have not tested the Doc.'s or pictures as of right now but I just finished a test run with Music and as usual I installed it in Ubuntu and it transferred to Kubuntu just fine. It does take an extra step but the fact that it still works without having to re-do the 'link' is great. Thanks to those who helped; watch for a PM. 8)

I had to spend the weekend helping a friend with his system [Windows] and that really makes me more of a Linux supporter now. I will continue to study rutebook and other manuals but will check in here often for the latest and if I can help or point someone in the right direction I will. I most definitely defer once I see someone I know to be more knowledgeable and do not comment then because I do not want to confuse the topic.

I continue to learn a lot just by watching other topics being addressed and solved
    Thank you guys and gal's; you have helped me move from being a newbie to an novice. I could not have made that shift without this Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Re: Upgraded to 11.10 OK

I suspect many of us share the same thoughts. This forum has been a significant part of the joy I've derived from learning Linux and coming to know its community. It's certainly the one I'm most active in across the various boards I've joined.

Comment

Working...
    X