X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part Time/full time IT/instruction positions midwest

I'll keep this brief.

In the midwest there is not an unemployment problem, there is a problem of too many good jobs that are going waiting because everybody is working.

The local colleges have a steady stream of "part time" and sometimes "full time" employment positions in terms of "IT" or "instruction" etc.

I have not heard of a person with an "IT"/programming degree not having a job upon graduation from any of the colleges.

Since my eldest boy is a big honcho computer programmer I am FULLY AWARE..... that in the computer programming field one cannot go "down" in pay when moving to a new job or the next employer will not give you the "higher pay" in other words I am well aware of the NECESSARY upward spiral of income if one is to get the "creative jobs" as opposed to programmers from another country who do the scut work.

HOWEVER.....given that.... if someone is in a really tight bind or if one is just starting a career and cannot get a job in her or his area and has the capability to move.... the income may seem "low" but the cost of living is VERY low and the quality of life is very high...so if one is in that situation.....the midwest US is a place to either start anew or begin a career.

BTW experienced people are in high demand also and if "going green" is a concern, there are several green companies that are moving to the midwest or starting here.

woodsmoke
Working...
X