This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling back ...

For a variety of personal and physical reasons, the time has come for me to scale back my involvement on this wonderful forum.

I've learned why, as one gets old, they deal less with details and more with generalities. Generalities is all they remember. I decided to cut back before I end up posting too many brain farts and stink up the forum. I will continue to lurk, mainly to keep myself informed as to Kubuntu's progress, and maybe post an occasional, generalized, opinion piece, but I won't be posting responses to technical questions.

I've enjoyed the years I've been on this forum and each and every one of you folks have been great, even if you don't always agree with some of my posts

Take care.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: Scaling back ...

I can certainly understand. Take care of yourself.

Comment

It's been a pleasure to get to know you, GreyGeek. Your contributions have helped many folks here improve their skills and confidence with Kubuntu. I'm sure I speak for us all when I say that we'll look forward to those occasional opinion pieces.

Comment

You rock, dude!
        "The only way Kubuntu could be more user friendly would be if it came with a virtual copy of Snowhog and dibl"

Comment

Take care of yourself GG.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Be well, GG. I guess other old farts will have to do the stinking up.

Comment

What will I do w/o you wonderful posts?
              Woodsmoke

Comment

you will be missed by me for sure man .............take care

and hope to see some of those occasional posts soon

your forum friend

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Take it easy (and enjoy the extra free time you'll get...you've earned it), and don't be a total stranger.

Always enjoyed reading your "casual talk" posts (though not always agreeing with everything ). Nice distraction (in the best sense of the word) from the usual kubuntu technicals.

Comment

Take care.
                    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Best wishes to you. Take care.

Comment

Geez, I'm not even half your age and I have brain farts all the time.

Take it easy.

Comment

Hi Greygeek...

I don't completely understand why you feel this way but I wish you the best!

Regards...
                          Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
                          How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
                          PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

Hey, GG - hopefully we'll see you around once in a while.

I guess this means you'll have to spend more time with your lovely Bride - not a bad idea!

Please Read Me

Comment

Many thanks GG for your reasoned, knowledgeable, referenced and interesting posts on so many diverse subjects. I have always watched out for your contributions. You WILL be sorely missed. I wish you much Peace in your future and look forward to seeing your occasional contributions.

Comment

Working...
                              X