X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goofy headlines that you see

Here's a dandy: http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/14/tech....htm?hpt=hp_t2

Now, which tablet PC/Phone/Player will hold my 700GB of accumulated music, videos, images, and docs? And how shall I run my Windows VM so I can do some work that can only be done with a specialty Windows app (and needs a serious CPU to run)? And which tablet/phone/player would be best suited to encode videos for making a DVD?

Geeeeeeeeeeeeez!

Re: Goofy headlines that you see

That announcement is so reminiscent of the Longhorn-VISTA debacle it boggles the mind.

Remember, in 2002, when Longhorn was shown? Just like Win8 is being shown now...

Remember all the candy it was supposed to have, like WinFS, etc...?

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windo...ad-55624.shtml
    ... Microsoft unveiled Longhorn back in early 2002, as the operating system designed to succeed Windows XP. However, the 2002 Windows Longhorn and the January 31, 2007 Windows Vista are not one and the same operating system. I am sure that there are still some of you who recall August 27, 2004, the day when Microsoft announced a scale back and a reset of Longhorn in order to make the then planned 2006 deadline. ...
    Microsoft tried to soften the distinction by name giggling, giving the name "Longhorn" to VISTA server release.

Just like Longhorn, what ever Win8 turns out to be, it probably won't be anything like what those two men are holding in that photo.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Quote from article........................."It believes that buyers -- including home users, not just office workers -- are still clamoring for storage, processing power, and robust content creation tools."

if they give me a tablet with quad core , HDMI-output , dock, 4+Gig RAM , outputs for external devices like a DVD/drive ,and 500+ Gig HD that will run Kubuntu I'll take 1 .............LOL................... ..............O hay thats my laptop

ya I'm with you their @dibl .............. I knead my work horse

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Only 700GB? Pffft, thats nutin'

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
          Only 700GB? Pffft, thats nutin'
          Well, would YOUR PDA hold it? My wife's Blackberry wont ...

Comment

The funniest headline I ever saw was not computer related. Actually it was not a headline but a caption under a picture in our local newspaper of two small boys fishing in a local lake. The caption read "The twin brothers, who are the same age enjoy the spring weather.....".

I'll never forget that one. I laughed so hard I thought I would pass out.

Comment

People often assume that twins are always born within minutes of each other, even if one is born at 11:59PM in one year and a few minutes later in the following year. They think that because they assume that the contraction pushing the first baby out will also push the second one out as well.

But, there are cases in which twins deliver days apart. In one case in the 1950's a set of twins were born 56 days apart! It is called "Delayed Interval Delivery" and it occurs more often now than 50 years ago, mainly because twins are being born at a higher rate overall: more women are getting pregnant later in life, which makes it more likely they'll have twins, and assisted-reproduction technologies like in vitro fertilization have a similar effect.

But, that caption was humorous!
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I get aggravated when I have to fill out a form with the questions "Date of Birth" and "Age". You see this a lot. Stupid. Can't you do math?

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
                  The funniest headline I ever saw was not computer related. Actually it was not a headline but a caption under a picture in our local newspaper of two small boys fishing in a local lake. The caption read "The twin brothers, who are the same age enjoy the spring weather.....".

I'll never forget that one. I laughed so hard I thought I would pass out.
                  Looks again like the Department of Redundancy Department is hard at work again.

Originally posted by Detonate
                  I get aggravated when I have to fill out a form with the questions "Date of Birth" and "Age". You see this a lot. Stupid. Can't you do math?
                  Like I said.
                  The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Originally posted by bsniadajewski
                    Looks again like the Department of Redundancy Department is hard at work again.
                    Did you mean to say "Looks again like the Department of Redundancy Department is hard at work once more again."

Comment

Uh Yes.
                      The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Last year, there was a story that included the line

The man who was killed, did not survive the gunshot wound.

Comment

Working...
                        X