Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Odor in your high efficiency washer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Odor in your high efficiency washer?

I just saw an advert by "Tide" for "bad odor in your high efficiency washer"?

Where they have a stuff that one can put in one's multi-thousand dollar washer to get rid of the "bad odours".

Lets seee here now......

Yes, there were probably "problems" with the things that were supposed to take women away from the drudgery of:

a) beating cloths on stones in the (polluted) river two hundred years ago
    b) ringer washers and "hand stroke" washers....60 years ago
    c) what are now EVIL WASHERS.... fifty years ago.....

They were worked out as part of the "natural order of things" in the development of a product.

In other words ....if it didn't work..... and people didn't buy it.....the manufacturer changed the product....

But now....in the glorious world of the smarter than thous telling you that you HAVE to buy an "energy efficient front end loader washer"....

OR YOU HATE THE GOD D#$%^& PLANET!!!!!!!!!

We now....have ....... the BEST THING SINCE WHITE BREAD...or STONE GROUND BREAD....

Because the people who are SMARTER THAN YOU ARE TELLING YOU SO......

but...it...is....unfortunately

SO...efficient that it.....ummmmm

sorry to say this.....

STINKS.......

Does anybody remember that the smarter than thou energy efficiency czars were going to MANDATE.....waterless....washing machines?

Ummmmmm where did THEY go?

Ummmmm THIS IS A FACK JACK....

MY MOTHER....NEVER had to buy.....a cleaner for the stupid WASHING MACHINE!!!!

http://www.tide.com/en-US/product/ti...e-cleaner.jspx

woodsmoke

Re: Bad Odor in your high efficiency washer?

Well now, Woodsmoke, looks like you are back in good form!

As for the newer washing machines, I could do my own spiel about them, having just been forced into one after my old (and real) Maytag washer died after 29 years of service.

"... the BEST THING SINCE WHITE BREAD...or STONE GROUND BREAD...."

Let's be careful not to mix the two up. Stone ground wheat bread has a lower glycemic index (and higher fiber & nutrient content) than does white bread. However, regular ("whole") wheat bread has the SAME G.I. as does white bread (and is not as good for you).

What was the issue now ........
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Mold growing in the door seal on front-load washers can be a problem -- I've cleaned ours a couple times. Mold certainly does stink.

Of course, washers can have all kinds of problems. Check out one of my old Microsoft blog posts, where after discussing the coolest mechanical contraption for destroying hard drives, I gripe about a problem I encountered with a washing machine of my own.

--

Tenuous linkage to current topic: washer thread -> general washer problems -> reminder of my specific washer problem -> my blog post -> concludes with washer story -> derived from earlier comment in post about shotgun washing disk drives

Comment

Twenty-nine years!! How about seven. My parents bought a washer and dryer (forgot the Manufacturer) about eight years ago, and they just got them replaced with an Electrolux set earlier this year. I thinking those guys are making them to be replaced constantly, to make you keep buying washers/dryers/etc. every so often instead of building to last (can't make as much $$ if it lasts for 30+ years I guess).
        The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

LOL
          what a myriad of replies!!!

Surely the cornucopia of Kubuntu forums doth overflow!

woodswampedwithsoapybubblessmoke

Comment

Working...
          X