X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new System Build

Yowzer, I'd never get my system set-up if it had a beer keg

I mentioned the Rosewell because it does take the 2.5 drives but I have not checked in to see if they have it in USB 3.0 yet; kinda busy; new system and change over from U to K. I do like Kubuntu having a lot more configuration but there is a learning curve just in the changing of some terms.

I just had a thought; a beer cooled system; as opposed to water cooled
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

Good idea except I would not want the heat exchanger warming up my beer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
        Yea, I think it would have to be on the cooling side of the coil but if you had the cold coil went around the Keg holder it might work

Check this out : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812104064

& http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812270444

That's two I found real quick 8) I hope that helps Detonate
        Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

How are those going to keep the beer cold

Please Read Me

Comment

Those are not for the beer, we have a double topic going on if that is ok.

I think you need about 50 feet of copper tubing to make your keg holder though 8)

Comment

You would need the Keg holder on the cold side and the heat exchanger at a reasonable distance away. I think an exterior A/C unit would make that a possibility. Just gotta know how to solder the joints

Comment

have you seen the price of copper lately?

Comment

have you seen the price of copper lately?
                  I never said it would be cheap.

What did you think of those adapters?

Comment

Hey how about this for the cooling unit if you don't mind knocking a hole in an exterior wall ?

http://www.homedepot.com/Appliances-...talogId=10053#

Comment

Working...
                    X