X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9/11 Science and Conspiracy

Originally posted by oshunluvr
    I'd leave but I'm not sure where I could go.
    Wikipedia's List of Freedom Indexes collects a variety of charts produced by several organizations around the world. I scrolled down a little bit to the "List by country" section and then clicked each of the heading sort icons in the list columns to sort from most free to least free. New Zealand and Switzerland are the only two countries where all four indexes indicate "free." So there you go, you even have a choice!

Comment

The "Patriot Act" will be enough to label Bush as one of the worst Presidents ever, because of the damage that act did to the Constitution. Combine that with the RICO Act, which uses the English Common Law of "guilty property" to unconstitutionally finance police departments across the country to the tune of 10,000 actions per year, and laws like those passed in 13 states which outlaw citizens video taping actions of police and public officials doing public duties in public places, and you have a good start on the Police State in this country. It's not hard to understand why Congress has less than 10% approval and the President isn't far behind. People are just fed up.

But, I don't expect the next election to change much. The economy has put over 50% of Americans on some welfare role and they aren't about to vote to cut their life lines. As the depression deepens the number needing help will increase, and that will lead to a corresponding increase in bureaucratic control of the recipients, which will further diminish Constitutional freedoms. It's a vicious feedback mechanism.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by steveriley
        Originally posted by oshunluvr
        I'd leave but I'm not sure where I could go.
        Wikipedia's List of Freedom Indexes collects a variety of charts produced by several organizations around the world. I scrolled down a little bit to the "List by country" section and then clicked each of the heading sort icons in the list columns to sort from most free to least free. New Zealand and Switzerland are the only two countries where all four indexes indicate "free." So there you go, you even have a choice!
        Great! But I could never get the Wife to New Zealand and Switerland is just too clean

Interesting that most European countries are rated lower on the Economic scale - I suspect due to generally high taxes and cost of living - but top on all other marks. France stands out as a low scorer - too bad because that was my first preference...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek

When my wife and I were given a trip to Disney Land by my son and his wife as a retirement present we were on the beach near Cape Canaveral <snip>
          Minor nitpick - did you mean Disney World?

I managed to get to Kennedy Space Center Back in April, and I missed watching the space shuttle launch by one week!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK
            Minor nitpick - did you mean Disney World?

I managed to get to Kennedy Space Center Back in April, and I missed watching the space shuttle launch by one week!
            Yup. But, "land" or "world", it was disappointing ... a plastic money pit. I guess I wasn't young or gullible enough. The "Steam Boat" ride had a fuel oil powered steam generator that blew the whistle but a diesel engine that pulled the concrete hulled boat along a gear rail at the bottom of the moat and spun the fake paddle wheel, but out of sequence with the speed or direction the "boat" was going. Along the sides of the moat were vignettes of various Indian scenes, but the manikins were so fake that even from 75 feet they looked fake. The "beach" had areas where the "sand" pealed away, exposing a concrete form. The rides were expensive, rough and short. The ONLY event that was interesting was the Mars trip. The best activity was the "Lazy River", slowly floating around the park in an inner tube. So relaxing.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by pasti
              Britain isn't the fun cutesy place most American's think it is, I think the recent riots although taken over by mindless idiots, started as a direct consequence of appalling police brutality, and that seems to have been brushed over.
              Apparently, John Cleese agrees with you. Strange, too. I really enjoyed Monty Python's Flying Circus, but the very things that show railed against and help destroy was apparently what he is now longing for, and the political environment it preached is one he is now complaining about.

Comment

I read the John Cleese quote as well, He's a bit pissed at the lib dems who he did a load of pr for, and the fact that they're now in bed with the conservatives, honestly these two political parties are so far apart in terms of policy it's frightening, Nick Clegg only got into the coalition with Cameron to get some power, the lib dems are getting nothing out of it and everyone blames them for all the crap the government does, it's not going to be nice for them come the next election, and don't believe much of what you read in the "sun", it's slightly to the right of fox news, owned by the same economic refugee too.

Comment

Working...
                X