X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucid Puppy no more....

I saw this blog post today.

As explained here, they are going to concentrate on Slack Puppy, instead of Lucid Puppy, because it is going to be "a better product in all ways and it is what deserves the community's attention now".

Meanwhile, they released an enhancement of Lucid 5.2.5, entitled Two-Headed Dog 528. It "was originally designed to be an update to Lucid 5.2.5", but "it took too long and has become a distraction". Still, this Two-Headed Dog 528 project is "meant to fill the gap between Lucid 5.2.5 and Slack Puppy".

For information on what's new on Two-Headed Dog 528, one can just read the post by playdayz. As for Slack Puppy, I suppose it is going to be based on Slackware. At least it's what the name suggests :P But I didn't search much on that one.

Re: Lucid Puppy no more....

The puppy guys are crazyyyyyy. Slack Puppy! Awesome.
    "The only way Kubuntu could be more user friendly would be if it came with a virtual copy of Snowhog and dibl"

Comment

Slack is a good distro. Slack Puppy will create an easy to install version of it for old & underpowered boxes.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I do believe that earlier ver. of puppy were slackware based ......... and yes they were vary nice on older box's ........that sead theirs nothing wrong with slackware ether

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

http://bkhome.org/blog/?viewDetailed=02408

Another Barry Kauler's blog post, but this time regarding the new build of Puppy based on Slackware. Apparently it is going to be an "official" one, and by official it only means that it shows up on DistroWatch and on the Puppy Linux page. Currently there are two "official" releases of Puppy, "Wary" that targets old hardware and "Lucid", which supports Ubuntu binaries. This new Puppy, "Slacko", will replace "Lucid". Anyway, Puppy Linux has many builds, for many tastes and needs. According to the blog post author, "there probably will be another official Upup sometime" (Upup = Ubuntu binaries compatible).

Comment

Working...
          X