This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Warner offering 50Mbs service

Time Warner announced a DOCSIS 3.0 service over their existing hybrid mix of fiber and Copper wire. They are asking "only" $99.95 for the 50Mbs service, and $189 for their Home pack which includes 50Mbs Internet, and 200 Channels of Cable plus movie channels.

My carrier is Earthlink, which piggy-backs on the Time Warner cable, so I did some search to see if they offered the same service. They do not. Their fastest is the 15Mbs that I subscribe to.

An agent popped up a chat box so I asked him if they do, or plan to, offer the 50Mbs service any time soon:
    Chat Information
    Thank you for choosing our secure EarthLink Sales chat. All agents are currently assisting other customers.
    Thank you for your patience. You are number '1' of '1' customers in line. Your estimated wait is '0' minutes and '4' seconds.
    Chat Information
    Hello and welcome to EarthLink's secure live Sales chat. You are chatting with Roger P..
    Roger P.: Hello. How may I help you today?
    Jerry: Hi Rog. TimeWarner is now offering 50Mbs "wideband" internet service. I currently get 14Mbs from Earthlink. Any chance Earthlink will be offering the faster bandwidth?
    Roger P.: I'll be glad to assist you.
    Roger P.: May I have your EarthLink email address please?
    Jerry: greygeek@earthlink.net
    Roger P.: okay
    Roger P.: Well, 15 mbps is the top speed which we offer high speed cable Internet and that is what you have now.
    Jerry: :-( So sad. I like Earthlink so I will stay with it, but if you ever upgrade to the higher bandwidth let me know.
    Roger P.: 50 mbps may be in the pipeline. We have no information about that. We'll email you as soon as its availability is imminent.
    Jerry: Thanks!
    Jerry: bye
    Roger P.: I would really love to personally assist you with this issue as much as you expect me to.
    However, your concern will need to be taken care of by the Cable Installations department at 888-847-4708.
    Roger P.: Please call on the above mentioned number and I'm sure that they will be more capable to help you solve the problem.
    Roger P.: Thanks so much for contacting EarthLink and have a great day!
    Chat Information
    This Sales chat session has ended. If you would like to start a new Sales chat please click the chat link any time from 6:00am to 1:00am EST. Thank you.
    The last two msgs from "Roger P" are confusing. Having said that 15Mbs is their fastest service he then invites me to call the Cable Installation dept to be "taken care of".

Do you ever get the feeling that no one is really listening, of if they are, that they even understand?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: Time Warner offering 50Mbs service

Originally posted by GreyGeek
    Do you ever get the feeling that no one is really listening, of if they are, that they even understand?
    I think Roger P isn't a real person at all, but a clever AI.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Time Warner offering 50Mbs service

Those last two responses can only be explained by an unintelligent AI...
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X