This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[sigh]I hope I'm just being really paranoid...[/sigh]

I think my friend and/or her husband may be a spook. One of them's either a spook, or in love with me. Did I mention she's married?

There's either spook stuff going down or something.

Here's what went down. My friend is very manipulative, she constantly flirts with me and she fishes me for info all the time, not really sure what info she keeps fishing me for, but I notice she does the exact same thing I do when I'm trying to covertly retrieve info from someone. This really bugs me, tomorrow, I'm going to innocently ask her a series of questions and depending on her reply will tell me what the heck she wants with me.

She tells me, I and her are best friends, I've known her for barely a year, I only know her from the pharmacy she works at, I don't know her "mysterious" (her words not mine) husband's name, she's never given me a straight answer on what his occupation is, I don't have her number, she doesn't have a facebook, we only talk occasionally, I have no friends up here where I live for a reason, but for some reason she thinks we're best friends. There's good reason why the C.I.A. would weasel a spook into my personal life, I'm not going to go into that though seeing how I don't want any trouble from them. I guess I'm just venting, or something, if I find out that there's spook activity going on, I'm going to be very depressed. No matter what, I'm going to tone down my charm and visit that place less often, if it's not spook activity, then I don't want to be a home wrecker either.

Am I being too paranoid? I hope I am, I have reason, but, dang it, everyone's an enemy when your paranoid, especially if you have reason to be.
    Motherboard:ASUS P5Q SE PLUS<br />Videocard:EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB<br />Ram:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)<br />Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz

Re: [sigh]I hope I'm just being really paranoid...[/sigh]

I could not find any Kubuntu or Linux related question anywhere in this post. Are you sure you posted it in the right forum?

Comment

Originally posted by thelonegunmen

Am I being too paranoid?
      Yes.

And oh, BTW, you need a new friend.

Comment

Am I being too paranoid? I hope I am, I have reason, but, dang it, everyone's an enemy when your paranoid, especially if you have reason to be.
        That's a contradictory statement. Paranoia is unreasonable fear. Ever read "Catch 22"?

Comment

But the OP is definitely paranoid.

To make the leap from "overly-friendly and nosy housewife who finds one attractive and who's husband is unemployed" to "it must be the CIA" is a bit on the nutty side.

Besides, if there's "good reason" for the CIA to be interested in you, would you post that on a forum? Any forum, public or otherwise?

I call shenanigans.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr

I call shenanigans.
            +1

Comment

1) "thelonegunman" -- interesting pseudonym. Highly suggestive.

2) "There's good reason why the C.I.A. would weasel a spook into my personal life" Secrets from a previous life? As a hit man? Or, international weapons dealer? Or drug smuggler? Ex-agent?

3) Forget the girl. IF she is a spook she's a rank amateur, since you are concerned about her being one. IF she were real you would not suspect.

4) Why would they waste time using what you describe as a flirt, when they have technology which could make video and audio records of every moment of your life, and track all your financial and personal activities without your knowledge? If you are an ex-agent you already know this, so that means you are probably not.

5) "Up here" suggests someplace North of Monroe, LA, but with the service area of Century Tel. Hiding out?

Suggestions:
              1) Change your pseudonym. It reeks of Jared Laughner. So does your paranoia.
              2) Seek medical help. IF you already have then resume taking your meds.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

"1) "thelonegunman" -- interesting pseudonym. Highly suggestive."

thelonegunmen is my pseudonym because it's the name of a show that was a spinoff of the x-files, I really liked it, it was about three hackers that had a government watchdog magazine and had all sorts of adventures.

"2) "There's good reason why the C.I.A. would weasel a spook into my personal life" Secrets from a previous life? As a hit man? Or, international weapons dealer? Or drug smuggler? Ex-agent?"

I have several friends and family members in the C.I.A., it runs in my family, one in particular said some things they shouldn't have to some other people and I got a hold of the info and connected the dots of what that person did concerning some recent events that have happened, I do have good reason to paranoid.

"3) Forget the girl. IF she is a spook she's a rank amateur, since you are concerned about her being one. IF she were real you would not suspect."

My female friend is definantly not a spook, I'm certain of that now, she just really digs me, but her husband is still a mystery and my primary concern, I'd like to meet him, she told me he lays concrete and other things she can't talk about and she wasn't kidding.

"4) Why would they waste time using what you describe as a flirt, when they have technology which could make video and audio records of every moment of your life, and track all your financial and personal activities without your knowledge? If you are an ex-agent you already know this, so that means you are probably not."

The C.I.A. and other government intelligence groups still do social engineering, such as when a friend of mine applied for and was considered for the Secret Service, being who I am and being connected with the people I know, you get the picture. Also the C.I.A. isn't all 007, Mission Impossible stuff, a lot of it is just civilian spying actually, though technically I don't think they can constitutionally do that. Btw, this is a little insurance for me, talking about this online, to the public.

"5) "Up here" suggests someplace North of Monroe, LA, but with the service area of Century Tel. Hiding out?"

Nope, not really exactly hiding out, taking a break.
                Motherboard:ASUS P5Q SE PLUS<br />Videocard:EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB<br />Ram:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)<br />Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by charles052
                    Lol, glad you're enjoying the show

Comment

"3) Forget the girl. IF she is a spook she's a rank amateur, since you are concerned about her being one. IF she were real you would not suspect."

My female friend is definantly not a spook, I'm certain of that now, she just really digs me, but her husband is still a mystery and my primary concern, I'd like to meet him, she told me he lays concrete and other things she can't talk about and she wasn't kidding.
                      So have the family check him out!

VINNY
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

thelonegunmen is my pseudonym because it's the name of a show that was a spinoff of the x-files, I really liked it, it was about three hackers that had a government watchdog magazine and had all sorts of adventures.
                        Being an X-Files fan I was familiar with that spin-off, but I just couldn't get into it. They were too paranoid.
                        Besides, being a former physics prof I had to set aside the fact that FTL travel is not possible so aliens from other star systems traveling to Earth is highly unlikely, unless they created huge vessels in which they could farm as generations pass their lives away in transit. So, I enjoyed X-Files because of the sci-fi fantasy.

BTW, my son and I saw "Cowboys & Aliens" Thursday night. Interesting movie, ignoring the fact that interstellar travel is unlikely, but large areas of physical inconsistencies. I found it inconsistent that aliens with nuclear powered, thought-controlled, wrist mounted energy weapons would arrive and leave in a ship about half again as big a the Apollo launch vehicle, using chemically powered impulse engines. There are others but having the Indians, cowboys and outlaw gang join forces to fight the lizard people was quaint. CGI has become indistinguishable from real life. For a long time it was said that one should believe none of what they hear and only half of what they see. As far as CGI today, it is indistinguishable from real life, so now it can be said that one should not believe any of what is seen or heard.

I have several friends and family members in the C.I.A., it runs in my family, one in particular said some things they shouldn't have to some other people and I got a hold of the info and connected the dots of what that person did concerning some recent events that have happened, I do have good reason to paranoid.
                        IF that person was telling the truth and not just bragging. One of my students works for the CIA in the Russian branch. The movies have it all wrong.

My female friend is definitely not a spook, I'm certain of that now, she just really digs me, but her husband is still a mystery and my primary concern, I'd like to meet him, she told me he lays concrete and other things she can't talk about and she wasn't kidding.
                        Avoid triangles and deceptive women. You'll only get burned. One of the murders I investigated involved a triangle revolving around a greedy, grasping, flirtatious woman. When she realized that chump #1 wasn't going to invest the income from his computer store in her, she dumped him for chump #2. Chump #1 couldn't come to terms with the rejection and staged an elaborate getaway plan which was supposed to mask his execution of the woman and chump#2. I was hired by the family of chump#1 to prove he didn't do it. In discussing photos of bullet wounds on the body of the women chump#1 revealed information that only the shooter would know. He's now serving life for double homicide. Strangely, his younger brother is serving the same time for an identical crime, committed four years earlier.

Insanity: doing the same thing again and expecting different results.

... the C.I.A. isn't all 007, Mission Impossible stuff, a lot of it is just civilian spying actually, though technically I don't think they can constitutionally do that. Btw, this is a little insurance for me, talking about this online, to the public.
                        Social engineering is a useful approach in countries where the CIA hasn't infiltrated the communication networks or does not have free judicial reign to bug, but here in America most of spying is electronic and/or black ops. The PATROIT Act has legalized it all, including being denied the right to face and questioning your accusers or seeing the evidence against you, and being tried in a special court with a special judge. IOW, a slam dunk conviction, and you aren't even allowed to tell your wife or family why you are being thrown in jail. That alone makes one look guilty of all charges. About the only chance you have is to violate the secrecy order and expose the accusations and methods used against you and hope that public outrage will result in what the Constitution was supposed to guarantee. With the general apathy of Americans today, that's not much of a chance.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

@GreyGeek Yeah, biggest gripe I really had about Cowboys and Aliens was the woman, she was a major plot hole, where was her ship? How did she assume human form? As far as interstellar travel goes, planet sling shot, wormhole, "warp drive" and or hyperspace travel.

Comment

@GreyGeek Yeah, biggest gripe I really had about Cowboys and Aliens was the woman, she was a major plot hole, where was her ship? How did she assume human form?
                            And, where was she during the time the form she assumed was killed and lay dead for several hours, only to burst back into life when thrown onto a burning pyre?

As far as interstellar travel goes, planet sling shot, wormhole, "warp drive" and or hyperspace travel.
                            Planet sling shots won't give as much acceleration as ion engines over the long haul, so generational biospheres/tubes would still be required.

Wormholes were "discovered" as an allowable solution to the math of General Relativity, but there is no evidence that such structures actually exist, despite the Hubble telescope, and astronomical assays using almost the entire electromagnetic spectrum. The problem of how to create a wormhole with specific origin and destination points haven't even been considered because no one has a clue about how a wormhole could be created. Then there is the problem of the amount of energy that would be necessary to warp space and time into a tunnel.

General Relativity postulates, and experiments have proven, that gravity warps time and space. But, being able to do that is another matter because of the huge energy requirements. The only warp drive given a theoretical chance of going FTL was the Alcubierre Drive but better mathematical analysis has shown that quantum effects on stability will prevent any form of the idea from working.

Most people think warp drives supposedly move the ship faster than the speed of light, which General Relativity says is impossible for any particle. Recent experiments on electrons have demonstrated that it is impossible to accelerate an electron to the speed of light, to say nothing of going beyond. But what warp drives are actually supposed to do is warp space, not accelerate the space ship to speeds FTL. So, the ship is moving at sub-light speeds but space and time are bending. However, because E = mC^2 and as speed approaches C, the mass of the ship approaches infinity (Lorentz transformations). It can be shown that to accelerate a single Hydrogen atom to C would require more energy than is available in all the mass of the Universe. This doesn't even consider the problem of Hawkings Radiation which would fry the ship and its occupants as it approached closely to C. This is also why a well designed FTL would have to be aerodynamic. As its speed approaches the speed of light the number of Hydrogen atoms it encounters (at about 1 atom per cubic meter) becomes a significant drag on the ship. This is in addition to the relativistic mass increase as an object approaches C. A tear-drop ship would encounter less drag resistance. But, even then, the energy of Hydrogen atoms colliding with the front of the ship at near C velocities would mean a significant kinetic energy {(1/2)mC^2} impact heating, which would be about 4.5 x 10^16 Joules per mole of Hydrogen atoms. That's equal to the energy in about 100 Hiroshima A-Bombs, if I did my math right. That much energy impacting each square meter of frontal area of the ship would pretty much melt any substance known.

The Lorentz transformations suggest that space vehicles will remain below about 0.8C, so space travelers will have to grow their own food and spawn their replacements. Communication with Earth will take increasing amounts of time. Pioneer 10, launched in 1972, is now about 92 AU from Earth, and a radio signal takes about 16 hours one way, except that P10's radio has gone silent. It is traveling at 12.2 Km/s and at that speed it will take 2 million years for it to reach Alderbaran, the star to which it is flying toward. The nearest start is 4.25 light years away. Imagine, at 0.1C, or 0.3 x 10^8 m/s, a space ship flying to Alpha Centauri. A one-way trip will take 50-60 years, depending on how accelerating and decelerating is handled. That's three generations, at 20 years each. Those leaving will be 40 years old and pregnant. Twenty years later their trained children will replace them and start the next generation. Twenty years after that the cycle is repeated. Twenty years later the second generation is dying while the third generation enters orbit around Alpha Proxima within the water zone. If there is an Earth-like planet there they can inhabit it. If not, they have to restock consumables from resources in that solar system and head out for the next closest K2V star, Epsilon Eridani, 12.6 LY from Alpha Centauri. That's 9 generations away.

Comment

Nine generations. Another reason to find ways of extending life, or regenerating the human life form (e.g., stem-cell replacements, artificial organ replacements, etc.). Or, possibly, ... just preserve the brain/stem?

Lorenz transformation eqs, studied them in 8th grade as my science project. Brings back memories. Didn't understand proofs until college physics, of course.

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                              X