This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving Unbuntu 11.04 a try.

I'm installing it in my VM right now. I've gotten curious about Unity and wanted to see for myself what the fuss was about. Right now, the mouse and keyboard don't seem to be responding too well during the install. I'm not taking that as a good sign, but I'm still hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

In any case, it's just a virtual machine so it can't do any harm.

Re: Giving Unbuntu 11.04 a try.

It was a waste of time. Unity won't even run on my virtual hardware and I'm not chancing it otherwise. Oh, well.

Comment

I could be wrong, since I haven't tried it, but I do believe that Unity requires video hardware acceleration, which you may or may not be able to get from your VM.... I know in VirtualBox under settings for your installed OS, under Display, you may be able to enable 2D/3D acceleration...

With my Nvidia card I can't however.

Again I could be wrong and it might be something to look into, or someone else could correct me.

Cheers!
      Man by his very nature is dependent on other men.

Comment

I guess I'll wait and find out later. All I know is that when I tried to install Kubuntu 11.04, my boot screen was completely black with a message on my monitor saying that the resolution was too high to display. It did that all the way till KDE came up. I like to see my boot screen and I'm not sure if Ubuntu 11.04 will cause the same problem or not, so I'm not even bothering with it.

Comment

Working...
        X