This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funniest reads I've had in years!!!

A topic on Slashdot is about the reviews on Amazon products.
    http://yro.slashdot.org/story/11/06/...ews-Be-Corrupt

Several comments point to reviews on Amazon that are absolutely some of the funniest stuff I've read in years. Here is one about Fresh Rabbit (really!) that Amazon was selling:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cloverdale-Fre...rBy=addOneStar
    1.0 out of 5 stars Thumper Rabbit RIP, August 11, 2009
    By Wandrwoman "Caped Crusader" (NY, NY) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Fresh Whole Rabbit (Misc.)

**Former Child Star Thumper Meets Tragic End**

The mystery of the disappearance of Thumper, on par with that of Judge Crater and Jimmy Hoffa, came to a shocking end yesterday when a gory photograph of the famous actor was posted on the Amazon web site.

Clues in the photograph, showing Thumper's headless and trussed body, led California Private Investigator, Edward "Eddie" Valiant to the Cloverdale processing plant where Thumper's long and fabled life had evidently ended.

"Who would do such a dastardly thing to my uncle?" sobbed family spokesman Roger Rabbit, who is Thumper's nephew and also a known Hollywood actor, at the mobbed press conference held hours after the gristly discovery. "If I hadn't hired Eddie Valiant to get the job done, the cops would still have their heads down a rabbit hole!" and "Where the %@*& is my uncle's head?"

Born Oscar Q Rabbit to a theatrical family of animated characters specializing in animal roles, Rabbit was hired by the Disney Studios when just a tiny bunny. Nicknamed "Thumper" for an endearing but nervous twitch of the left hind foot, he eventually became known throughout the world by that single name, joining the exclusive rank of one named stars such as Cher, Madonna and Pele.

Cast as a child character in a small supporting role in the movie Bambi in 1942, Thumper's adorable and enduring persona lit the screen with a charisma way beyond that of a humble sidekick.

A memorable line in Bambi became the touchstone of Thumper's life. "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all!" formed the basis of what is now known as "The Thumperian Principle" . Grown to a world movement, Thumperian disciples believe in the tenant that bad grammar and good deeds are cosmically linked.

Thumper continued work at the Disney Studios with Thumper2 and Thumper Goes Exploring but was eventually released from his contract when as a young adult, despite desperate efforts, he could not control the twitch in his hind leg. Rumors of drug abuse were never proven although Thumper spent several months at a private hospital for reported exhaustion after completing the filming Thumper Goes Exploring.

Never making the transition to television as did his younger relatives, Crusader Rabbit and Bugs Bunny, Thumper's career floundered until he was reduced to starring in three rabbitsploitation movies, "Suck My Carrot", "Young Bunny Coed Love", and finally, "The Bunny Hole".

A long time alcoholic and well known visitor to the watering holes along the Sunset Strip and Las Vegas, Thumper lent his name to what has become a popular drinking game.

Thumper spent his final years prior to his disappearance making celebrity appearances at Bambi reunions and Thumperian conferences and spent two seasons on Hollywood Squares where the muffled thumping of his hind led could often be heard in the background.

Thumper was the founder and president of the "Shake A Leg Foundation" a research and charitable organization for rabbits and other small mammals suffering from hind leg movement disorder. Contributions to the foundation can be made in his name.

Thumper is survived by his older brother, Benjamin Bunny, his nephew, Roger Rabbit, and his fourth wife, Jessica Rabbit and 974 children.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: Funniest reads I've had in years!!!

LOL
    i never knew that kind of stuff was there I'll be on the lookout! thanks!

BTW I noticed an advert for the ENERGIZER BUNNY on the review page! lol

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
    X