This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enterprise "culture"

During the 15 years I ran my own computer consulting business I worked for many businesses, from the Fortune 1000 corporations to the sole-proprietor one-man shop. This article, about a web designer's encounter with American Airlines, should be a classic textbook example of the problems of some corporate cultures and, I might add, of the cultures in various governmental offices.

An aside: my grandson came home last night via American Airlines flight 5404. He was supposed to arrive at 6:55PM. He got here at 9:26PM. His plane needed "service". I'm thankful it didn't fall out of the sky.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: Enterprise "culture"

The "mr X" is sufficiently intelligent to know when to use the word "effect" as in " to carry out" which is a GOOD thing!

woodsmoke

Comment

Re: Enterprise "culture"

Instead of the commonly misapplied "impact". I get tired of hearing the way folks abuse that word. It's really having a negative impact on writing.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X