This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get THE BEST free furniture..

Here I sit in my awesome super comfortable desk chair (which is actually an over stuffed, swivel base, rocking recliner) with my keyboard on my lap and my mouse (not a live mouse, the thing you use to control the cursor) at my side on the arm of the chair, thinking, man, I should really share my "secret" about how I get free furniture, bedding, appliances, electronics (namely flat screen tv's) and other goodies with the good folks on Kubuntu.

So here it goes, I work at a small time furniture store chain, there's about 15 total stores, We deliver furniture and often, people will ask us to haul off there old furniture, appliances, electronics, ect.. A lot of this stuff is in pretty good condition, especially if a rich person previously owned it. I take home free stuff we hauled off from peoples houses every now and then, I've taken home mattresses, sofas, recliners, tv's, and other stuff. Lots of other people come by and get most of the stuff we throw out, that is if it's in good condition. So if you're either cheap, or just poor like me, go to a local furniture store and ask them if they have any furniture of appliances or whatnot that they've hauled off, or make friends with a delivery guy (not the manager) and see if he can put some of the good stuff to the side, you may even be able to convince him to deliver it to your house if he's has a delivery going that way in return for a cold one. Something to think about guys, it sure makes computing a lot easier when you're doing it from a big comfy recliner.
    Motherboard:ASUS P5Q SE PLUS<br />Videocard:EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB<br />Ram:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)<br />Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz

Re: How to get THE BEST free furniture..

Ummmm GREAT ADVICE....I tell my students that the BEST thing they could do is find somebody they TRUST....oopsy...... that is kind of hard to do!! and get about 10 people go to in together and rent a MASSIVE WARESHOUSE LOFT THAT HAS A BATHROOM......

and have at doing a BIG house/loft/rental!!!

LOTSA FUN!!!!!!

and when I was in the navy, a guy and I roomed together....he paid the rent....and I bought BEUTIFUL furiniture at both the "salvation army" and PLACES LIKE YOURS!!!

LOtSA FUN!!!

gREAT POST!!!!

woodtoomanyrumncokessmoke!

Comment

Working...
    X