This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubuntu 10 & 11 does not install

"Automatically" means with nothing more to do for an user than to click "OK".
    Well, for the moment, i enconter a lot of misfunctions, frezzes of the desktop once an hour (need to deconnect), not able to synchronize contacts from my phone (Nokia6110), not found a good rerawtiser equal to Lightroom. So i'm not so enthousiastic.
    Don't remeber Kubuntu 8 was so instable ?

Comment

Originally posted by jpenguin
      wow, quite the computer you have there

The "Radeon HD 6850" is quite a new card, I can see how the FOSS druver m8ight not like it so much...
      I guess so! The heatsink and fan assembly for the graphics card is as large (or larger) as some of the older Pentium 4 CPU assemblies that I have seen.

Regards...
      Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
      How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
      PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

BTW, i had build a nice mod for this computer: the CPU cooller (Schythe MunchenII) is in a separate duct, taking fresh air directly outside, and pushing hot air on the back. Full separated from the air inside the box. I have temperature of cores sometimes under the motherboard's ones, and i never goes more than 60° @ 100% load with silent slow running fans. Sort of a water-colling without any water ;-)
        http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Hardwar...2.htm#t7844159

[edit]Too much freezes with this 11.4, Back to my rock stable Seven Ultimate.

About photo program, it is my passion. My forum: http://www.street-photo.fr . (powerfull, w3c compliant, with no bugs ? ;-)

Comment

"The only way Kubuntu could be more user friendly would be if it came with a virtual copy of Snowhog and dibl"

Comment

Originally posted by de_koraco
            So sorry, Edited,

Comment

Nice website. Feel free to hang around on the forums here, although you don't use Kubuntu anymore. It's a shame you didn't ask for help with your problems, perhaps something could have been fixed. If you're interested in Linux, Kubuntu is not the only KDE option out there. There's openSUSE, Pardus Linux, or even the Fedora KDE spin.
              "The only way Kubuntu could be more user friendly would be if it came with a virtual copy of Snowhog and dibl"

Comment

Originally posted by de_koraco
                Nice website. Feel free to hang around on the forums here, although you don't use Kubuntu anymore. It's a shame you didn't ask for help with your problems, perhaps something could have been fixed. If you're interested in Linux, Kubuntu is not the only KDE option out there. There's openSUSE, Pardus Linux, or even the Fedora KDE spin.
                You are all very nice people, around here, thank's a lot.
                I asked for help for my ATI card in french forums, but no help, no answers. So i decided to learn by myself. I don't think other distros are better concerning drivers, am-i wrong ? I just realise the Realtek sound chipset of my motherbord is not seen either and mixer does nothing. I can hear and adjust internal sound, but the analog line input seems to across the board an other way (no volume, no mute via mixer, even with the alsa mixer in command line . Not hot to spend 10 more days on that ?
                There is, omho, a structural problem with the Linux way of dealing with hardware. May-be some too rigid ideas about "free" and "open source" philosophy ? M$ is copying linux design (Seven is a snapshot of the kubuntu 8 desktop) and, now security (password protected root), may-be Linux devs can copy one of the easy and working well things in Windows: The way you bring drivers to the system.

Comment

Other distros may or may not have the same problems with your hardware. In my experience, you can solve most of your problems through correct troubleshooting in a relatively short amount of time. The Linux way of dealing with hardware is different than the Windows one, and more effective in most cases. Problems do arise at times with certain types of brand new hardware. You're in luck with trying other distros, due to the fact that you can burn them as Live CD's and try them out, so you don't need the commitment of installing.

If you're still running Kubuntu and want to troubleshoot, I'd suggest opening individual threads on your problems, kubuntuforums has some of the most knowledgable people on the internets.

Comment

Working...
                  X