Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XP's volume control in panel and adverts with sound a conjecture.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XP's volume control in panel and adverts with sound a conjecture.

I'd be curious to read other people's comments on this.

The family runs two fully legal Windblows machines. I have a Vista and my better half has an XP that regularly updates etc. etc. The only thing that I don't update is WGA.

But... she complained yesterday that she now has advertisings that have BLARING sound and that she could put up with the "moving" advertising because she gets off a page quickly, but that she couldn't shut down the sound.

Simple enough, I says to meself....so I look at the "hidden unused" icons in the taskbar and ....no volume control!

Went to the volume control subfolder in Windblows settings and it will let me make a shortcut onto the desktop but that is it...so I make the shortcut and try to drag it to the taskbar and can't!

Right click on the taskbar and there is absolutely no way, with the present configuration of XP to put the volume control on the taskbar.

So...I go to menu and there is a list of "unused" icons and there is the volume control but it isn't an ICON...it is a FOLDER....the only interactions with the volume FOLDER is "always show" "never show" "hide" but no way to put the volume control on the panel.

I changed the setting to "always show" and it does NOT show. Simple as that.

So....there is now a volume control on the desktop, which, probably, a lot of people would not want to have..so....

It occured to my feeble brain that this is a "hookup" between MS and "advertisers" or "whoever" some choke point group, that.... well, if the volume control is MISSING then people will have to listen to the advertising.

just a thought....your opinion or am I just missing something because I don't use XP?

woodsmoke
Working...
X