Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Reality Distortion Field" at work ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "Reality Distortion Field" at work ...

Originally posted by jpenguin
    You JailBroke that itouch right?
    Mine is JB and has a KDE4 theme, SSH client/server & VNC client
    Nope, but now that you've mentioned it, that might be something I could have fun with! How does KDE4 them work compared to Apple's theme? Is a KDE4 theme under touch control easier to use than with a mouse?

Typing on is a skill; try to place your index finger on the key you want, but don't lift it! The selected letter shows bigger than the rest, just slide your finger until you reach the right letter
    Hey, jpenquin, you did the impossible, teaching this old dog a new trick! Thanks! That makes using the virtual keyboard MUCH easier! 8)
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Well, the theme doesn't mimic any of the wonderful KDE4 functionality; but it makes me feel more at home, with the KDE4 icons, Scrollbars, & other color changes.

My fave JB apps are probably: mobileterminal, VLC, WiFiFoFum & SBSettings

They're even trying to port Android to the iTouch!
      Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

One other question: How does Apple's iTunes software react to a JB iPod Touch? Will iTunes even work to synch any more?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

iTunes may complain when updating iOS, but other-than-that it doesn't seem to care
          Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

iTunes will update a JB iPod 4th Gen Touch?
            I'm at iOS 4.3.3.
            ijailbreak.com said:
            i0n1c tweeted yesterday that the untethered exploit used in iOS 4.3.x jailbreaks is now dead in the first beta of iOS 5. This really should be no surprise as it was a miracle that Apple did not patch i0n1c’s untethered exploit in their small iOS 4.3.x updates. With this said it means another untethered exploit will need to be developed to take the iOS 5 jailbreak out of a tethered state.
            If I JB it I can always decline the OS update. But, after thinking about it for awhile I've decided to lets its battery die so I can have an excuse to put it away. (Wouldn't sell it -- it has my handle engraved on the stainless steel back).

Comment

Working...
            X