This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Cloud Printing now available on Linux

Via Chrome, 13.0.767.1 dev (possibly working earlier than that, I just noticed it), Google Cloud Printing is now working on Linux... I haven't seen this announced anywhere, so might be full o' bug, but I just printed a Google Documents spreadsheet from my Android phone to my home printer without using wifi or any other software... pretty cool.

Obviously good for anyone to review the faq and be aware of course that your document is being sent to google servers and everything that comes with that...
    http://www.google.com/support/cloudprint/

Re: Google Cloud Printing now available on Linux

Not of much use to me
    Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Originally posted by jpenguin
      Not of much use to me
      Not much use to me either, but it is still kinda fun to do.

Comment

yet another thing that my server already does.. anyone w/ cups installed can set up intranet/internet printing quickly and easily. on a mobile device like a cellphone it might be slightly harder. i've yet to find a "cloud" service that is not already something i've been doing myself for years.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
          yet another thing that my server already does.. anyone w/ cups installed can set up intranet/internet printing quickly and easily. on a mobile device like a cellphone it might be slightly harder. i've yet to find a "cloud" service that is not already something i've been doing myself for years.
          "Slightly harder"? I'd like you to find the instructions as to how to print a PDF from android using no additional software then...

Comment

you will need some software since android does not include a printing system what so ever. but you wouldn't nessessary require cloud printing from google , i think you might be able to cheat if you can "fax" the jobs to your machine hosting the printer, internet faxing would be best as you woun't need to call on your mobile or have a phone line pluged in the computer.
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
            X