This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] KMyMoney doesn't recognize duplicates

I have been using AceMoney with Windows for years.
    I decided to try KMyMoney and export from acemoney as qif and import to KMyMoney, which I did with complete success.

The problem is, going forward KMyMoney doesn't recognize duplicates from qfx files. I can plainly see both identical entries.

When I get some new entries from my bank and download them, they are in the qfx format. KMyMoney works with that format ok, just by passes all duplicates. Acemoney will know and not put an entry for any duplicate.

Anyone with great knowledge of KMyMoney can help me.
    Boot Info Script

Re: KMyMoney doesn't recognize duplicates

Just for grins I duplicated the last entry in my ledger and KMyMoney accepted it without problems. It also allowed me to delete it without deleting both. The problem must lay in the import function. Can you edit the offending qfx file and temporarily change something in the duplicate in order to allow the import to take place, then edit the KMyMoney entry?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: KMyMoney doesn't recognize duplicates

GG, thanks for your reply. I also did the same thing you did, and it reported duplicates. Then I knew it was working.

What I found was that the initial QIF file had several entries the same as my latest QFX file from my bank. Once I deleted those QIF/QFX dups then any new QFX from my bank worked perfectly.

Boot Info Script

Comment

Working...
      X