Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't think the patent office is broken? Explain this...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't think the patent office is broken? Explain this...

A patent on a STICK you would use to play fetch with Fido.

Even more insane is the idiot who would pay about $10,000 (the avg cost) to file this patent, unless his purpose was to supply proof that the US Patent Office IS broken.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: You don't think the patent office is broken? Explain this...

I already knew it was broken but if this is for real, then that sentiment is solidified!

Comment

Stupid!

I was going to say it was a joke, but upon looking for the actual "invention" in the claims, I see he conceived of making it out of pressed cellulose. Wow, what a stroke of genius!

So, by logic, if I happen to take a hatchet and cut such an object out of, oh say ... a TREE, and sell it to someone as a doggie toy, then that would not be an infringement on this patent. But, don't you dare make one out of pressed cellulose!

Comment

lol quite hilarous/pitiful

"supposedly" according to people who know more than I... in the U.S. one has to prove a patent is new to get the patent pending thing and during the searching somebody else can "become aware" of the patent a file before one.... the whole thing relying on secretiveness...

In "the rest of the world", supposedly, one applies for the patent and then has a "year to sell it" and if it works then the person has the patent...

In other words it removes the "secretiveness" and goes to "useablilty" or something like that...

or something like that..

wooddon'tknowsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          Stupid!

I was going to say it was a joke, but upon looking for the actual "invention" in the claims, I see he conceived of making it out of pressed cellulose. Wow, what a stroke of genius!

So, by logic, if I happen to take a hatchet and cut such an object out of, oh say ... a TREE, and sell it to someone as a doggie toy, then that would not be an infringement on this patent. But, don't you dare make one out of pressed cellulose!
          Actually, you WOULD be in violation of the patent #6,360,693. It includes making the "main section", i.e., the body of the stick out of:
          2. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said main section is formed of a rubber.

3. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said main section is formed of a plastic.
          4. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said main section includes a wood.
          5. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said main section includes cellulose.
          6. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said main section includes a flavoring.
          7. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said main section includes a scent added thereto.
          8. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said main section is rigid.
          9. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said main section is flexible.
          10. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said main section is chewable.
          11. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said main section includes a material that is lighter than water.
          Or, it is formed from:
          14. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said animal toy is formed of wood particles.
          15. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said animal toy is formed of wood chips.
          16. The animal toy of claim 1 wherein said main section includes at least one notch, said at least one notch adapted to fracture said animal toy proximate said notch upon an application of sufficient lateral pressure to said animal toy.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek

Actually, you WOULD be in violation of the patent #6,360,693. It includes making the "main section", i.e., the body of the stick out of:
            The key is the method. The claimed method is "pressed cellulose". The other items listed are "embodiments" (actually just examples of how the method has been implemented). The patent doesn't protect the embodiment characteristics, it protects the method.

Comment

You're right! My bad!

Comment

Still a silly waste of time, paper and logic.

Comment

That's what the other tribe said about a certain bone!

woodfellasleeponmyfirstflightsmoke

Comment

Working...
                  X