X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

favourite / most used widgets plasmoids etc

Hi
    If this has been "asked a thousand times" i hereby give any moderator complete permission to delete the thread or link it to a previous post.

But, ...given the above is a no...

a) what is your "favourite" plasmoid, that is the most "fun" or "just kewl" or whatever..
    b) what is your most "useful/used" plasmoid

They may not be the same!

My favourite plasmoid/widget is the comic strip with Garfield.

My "most used" plasmoid/widget is "folder view".

woodsmoke

Re: favourite / most used widgets plasmoids etc

The Keyboard Status Applet is pretty important to me since I don't have any indicators for capslock, etc. on my wireless keyboard. I have tried a few others, since that included one looks terrible, but they have been resource hogs, or had other issues... still waiting to find something better.

KeyLEDs would be better, but the text overlaps on a thin panel.

KSensors in the system tray still can't be beat!

This is the one I like best, but it pegs plasma-desktop at 40%.... not good...
    http://mattiesworld.gotdns.org/weblo...cator-in-kde4/

Comment

Re: favourite / most used widgets plasmoids etc

yaWP because it gives me instant weather statistics and a radar image

UnitConverter

CPU Temperature

Network Activity
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
        My favourite plasmoid/widget is the comic strip with Garfield.
        Is the Comic widget working for you (I assume you're running 14.04?)?
        Because I just can't figure out what's wrong with it, it won't show me the comics.
        Kubuntu 18.04
        Laptop: Tuxedo InifinityBook Pro v5

Comment

I put a Milou widget in my panel just above the system tray and assigned the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+\

Very easy to hit with pinkie-pinkie and has proven its utility many times over.

Comment

System monitor is what I have enabled. It's nice to be able to "see" what is happening with the system and be able to catch things before it get out of hand. I have the CPU, memory, and network statuses used.
            The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

System Temperature and Luna.

Comment

For me it's very much first the QuickAccess Browser widget and then the CWP weather widget combined with (laid over) Luna.
                There are times I use the Tea Timer quite a lot.

Comment

I use the Monitor aplet. It can show any or all of CPU, Disk Space, Disk Activity, Hardware info, Network, RAM, and Temperature.

Tried the Comic Strip but can't figure out how to get Alley Oop.

Ken.
                  Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

oooohhh love Ally Oop!

woodsmoke

Comment

YAWP on my desktop, for the same reasons as GG and cpufreq to the right of the system tray, more for curiosity than anything to watch how much work my CPU is doing.
                      Linux User #454271

Comment

+1 on YAWP. Have that too!

Comment

Working...
                        X