This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new Commodore 64

OK. This guy did a great job creating what I was talking about the direction Commodore should have gone if technology @ that time permitted.

http://benheck.com/04-05-2009/commod...ardware-laptop

Comment

Wow! That's impressive!

It would have taken me two weeks just to create the profile blueprints shown on that page.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

The man has talent that's for sure! I wouldn't have gotten past taking the old c64 apart and tested. That would be the extent I could do. To actually reconfigure some of the components the way he did is talent!

Comment

Can you just imagine where PC's would be now, if that had been the track that the industry had taken - then?!!
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Many, many years ago I had a student who invented a wire/pully/electromagnet, robot chess playing machine and won second place in the old Duracell competition.

But, he needed to get his C-64 running on a battery. There was a "hermit" living in the woods near Seattle WA that a guy in our club had heard about and I spent a couple of hours on the phone, a LAND LINE! ferreting him out. The only way I could talk to him was for him to go to the post office to use their phone! lol

However, he had built a thing from radio shack parts that would modify the input from two batteries and it worked! The boy wired it up, and used the C-64 to work the dinguses in the chess box and it was great fun!

It was amazing what the old C-64 could be made to do!

Today they would call that a "mod"

Comment

Working...
            X