This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My email was hacked.

My old yahoo email account, which I have not used in years, has been hacked and spam went out to everyone in my address book. I have never used that account here on this forum so I don't think any of you will be affected. But if you get an email from fbufkin@yahoodotcom just delete it. I have changed my password and completely deleted all the entries in my yahoo address book. I have all my addresses saved in TBird anyway.

On the upside, I am hearing from folks I have not heard from in years.

Re: My email was hacked.

Lol, same thing happened to me on my gmail account just before christmas. Someone in China sent ads to my address book.

My dumb sister (it's OK, she's my little sister ) accused my of getting a virus - like she does three or four times a year. I just laughed at her.

Amazingly though, gmail detected the unusual activity and locked my account within minutes of the spamming which explains why I get 5000 spams from yahoo addressees and little or none from gmail ones.

Side note: Just noticed "spamming" wasn't in the Firefox dictionary... it is now! 8)

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: My email was hacked.

Yep.

AFAIK, my e-mail accounts have not been hacked, except once. Several years ago I made a horribly wrong decision to accept a link on one of the early social networking platforms -- I'm not recollecting the name of it at this moment, but I still recoil in horror when I see the name of it. Man that thing went through my not-inconsiderable e-mail list, and commenced spamming everyone I ever corresponded with. How embarrassing!

EDIT: it was plaxo

Comment

Working...
      X