This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft seeks legal action against Barnes & Noble for patent infringement

M$ apparently owns a patent for "natural ways of interacting with devices by tabbing through various screens to find the information they need; surfing the Web more quickly, and interacting with documents and e-books."

When is this madness going to end? So if I think of a nice way of surfing the Web more quickly, they sue me? Get real...

HTC actually PAID for this. Glad now I didn't get an HTC phone.

Source:
    http://m.androidcentral.com/microsof...t-infringement
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Re: Microsoft seeks legal action against Barnes & Noble for patent infringement

We definitely need an overhaul of our patent laws as pertains to "intellectual properties". This is ridiculous.

Comment

Right -- this is Exhibit #1 in support of patent reform.

Comment

Now that Zune and Winphone 7 have failed it is becoming obvious that Microsoft's new economic model is that of a patent troll.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
          Now that Zune and Winphone 7 have failed it is becoming obvious that Microsoft's new economic model is that of a patent troll.

I believe it is common practice to squeeze money out of competitors that way, especially in the software business.

I am just amazed at the wording of this patent...
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
            M$ apparently owns a patent for "natural ways of interacting with devices by tabbing through various screens to find the information they need; surfing the Web more quickly, and interacting with documents and e-books."

When is this madness going to end? So if I think of a nice way of surfing the Web more quickly, they sue me? Get real...

HTC actually PAID for this. Glad now I didn't get an HTC phone.

Source:
            http://m.androidcentral.com/microsof...t-infringement
            the wording is WAY to broad and all encompassing...............so allmost eney thing you do in a GUI is a use/violation of their patent .......that's krazzey

as bad as monsanto patenting seed ............thars no way in 4311 that a patent should be so all encompassing..................just my humble opinion of coarse ........ but really :P

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

The way that reads, you could not even publish a hard book for research without violating the patent. Turning the pages would be a natural way of tabbing between screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
                The way that reads, you could not even publish a hard book for research without violating the patent. Turning the pages would be a natural way of tabbing between screens.
                +1 & LMFAO.......but it's really not a laughing mater

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                X