Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solved: Kfacebook is chat window for Kopete, presently can't get to do anything.

Hi
    Woah!
    Thanks!

It isn't that I "use" Facebook for myself, but I have an account for college work and so many students use it that I post a note about something going at both the college's e-mail to a class and also on facebook.

Thanks again!

woodsmoke

Comment

How connect Kopete to Facebook.

Telengard, I want to thank you very much for the links provided above, they were invaluable and with a little fritzing around I was able to connect to Facebook chat using normal Kopete.

I've provided a How-to elsewhere on this.

Cut to the chase is that possibly Kfacebook is a cool interface for Kopete but I have not seen anything different in using it as opposed to the normal Kopete interface but that may merely be because it is a new app.

Thanks again Telengard.

woodsmoke

Comment

Re: Kfacebook (new) not needed How to connect Kopete to Facebook

I am very pleased to know you found my post helpful. If you feel your issue has been adequately resolved, then please consider marking this thread Solved by editing the subject of the OP.

Here is the tutorial woodsmoke wrote up, for those who may come after:
        HowTo: Kopete setup for Facebook chat - 1 critical item not in Facebook instruct
        Welcome newbies!
        Verify the ISO
        Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

@Telengard
          33 to go.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
            33 to go.
            LOL

I haven't been counting or anything. Besides, the old-bies of KFN make it seem easy.
            Welcome newbies!
            Verify the ISO
            Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Re: KDE PIM is getting ready for "integration" somehow with Facebook

Originally posted by woodsmoke
              HI scotty, would you care to expand on your expriecnces with KDE for win a little?

woodsmoke
              No problem..

It took a few attempts to get it up and running. The KDE release 4.5.4 has been the most successful for me to date.

First I attempted to run the stand alone Amarok, But never could get it to load correctly.

A few version of KDE before 4.5.4 also had issues with various programs.

One thing I noticed is that I had to tell it to actually install the programs from the KDE installer. I didn't know that digikam took extra packages to allow posting to facebook to work.

I don't run it as a full desktop, just pick out my favorite programs.

Amarok doesn't respond to the multimedia buttons on the keyboard in Windows, but it does in Linux. But it's by far my favorite linux program, and I'm pleased that I can use it when I have to boot to the windows side.

Comment

Re: SOLVED: Kfacebook (new) not needed How to connect Kopete to Facebook

ScottyK

Thank you very much for that information.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
                X