This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a thread for old farts...

It's not the world's cheapest, but I have been wearing these for the past 10 years: http://www.jomashop.com/skagen-titan...h-170lttm.html

I'm very hard on watchbands -- my last one finally broke when I fell down cement steps in Germany, using my wrist for landing gear. These Skagans are titanium and they can take a lot. Analog display and analog control.

p.s. I paid $20 more than this sale ad, btw.

Comment

That's interesting. No USB setup but it's not needed. It also has a sweep second hand which I like. I especially am attracted by the fact it is in a titanium case as I am allergic to many metals that contain nickel. As most stainless metals do. A good old fashioned watch. All I want the thing to do is tell time and be easy to set. I might just get one of these.

Comment

I'm on my 3rd one in ten years. The one I trashed in Germany did not have damage to the case itself, so I put a leather band on it and now call it "backup".

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          See ]Timex Datalink
          Snowhog, that has to be one of the KEWELEST things..and I never even HEARD of it!!

THANKS!!!!!

woodsmoke

Comment

Since Daylight Saving Time just started in the Colonies I just got finished running around setting all the clocks in the house.

I've got an atomic wall clock in the kitchen that is the Definitive Timepiece but I just set two alarm clocks in the bedroom, one in the guest room, three clocks in two cars, clocks in the stove, microwave, coffeepot and wall thermostat plus wall clocks in the living room and in the basement. I quit wearing a watch when I started carrying a cell phone, though
            we see things not as they are, but as we are.
            -- anais nin

Comment

Also, this is my favorite piece of technology. Too bad they didn't really catch on -

[img width=400 height=299]http://ebassist.com/pix/swissbit.jpg[/img]

I've got bigger flash drives and I paid too much money for this one when I bought it - the thing's split in half with the current version of SystemRescueCD on one partition and the other partition is FAT32 data storage. Works great for me
              -- anais nin

Comment

You can't carry it on an airplane in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
                  You can't carry it on an airplane in the US.
                  Actually you can. The thumb drive detaches from the knife and the knife goes in checked baggage
                  -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
                  X