This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts on Kubuntu :-)

I have been using Kubuntu for a few months now and thought I would post my "user review"

I have a huge collection of live cd's from all sorts of linux distros. I can't help it...I am ocd and the flavors of linux is just too tempting My first distro was PCLinuxOS which is a great distro(so easy a caveman could do it) but I wanted the newest packages and latest software so I needed to move on. I discovered distrowatch and went nuts with live cd's..I must say that my fav is Kubuntu. It has been a great transition. I spend more time at konsole and do most of my updates and software downloads from there as well. It has just the right amount of polish and is very stable. I often wonder why users of other distros down ubuntu and linux mint for being so polished and using gui for everything....why? With Kubuntu I have a choice as to using the gui or konsole which I think is great. Choice is good. I like to get things done and have some bling too! I have been sinking my brain into the Aptosid live cd as well and like it as well. I use what I have learned from there in kubuntu. I thought a rolling release would be better but after thinking about it I kind of like the idea of a nice clean new system every 6 months to remove my experimental brilliant script ideas that end up not so brilliant I don't think I will ever stop burning and trying out live cd's. But...at the end of the day it is nice to sit back and relax with Kubuntu cause it just works well!

My 2 cents,
    Penny

Re: My thoughts on Kubuntu :-)

Nicely written. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Always nice to read user experiences.

Comment

Hi,
      I have just moved from the Ubuntu Forum to this one, reason is I'm a KDE guy and Ubuntu is TOO Gnome leaning....
      I have to admit that for about two years I also joined the Gnome camp, KDE 4 was just unusable when it was released. I started Linux in 1998 with SuSE 5.2 and have tried all sorts of distros. Heard this rumor that Kubuntu was not a real KDE distro and for some time believed it. Now I have given Maverick Kubuntu a
      go and I must say: It rocks!
      Why on earth is all this focus on Ubuntu (Gnome) happening, KDE is the more advanced desktop after all (please note: I do NOT want to start a flame war!).
      Anyway, as a guest I investigated a problem earlier today and found the answer, so here I am, looking forward to using Kubuntu for some time to come (looking forward to the upgrade in a few months...)
      Cheers

Comment

Kubuntu 10.10 is the best! KDE is SO much better than gNOme.

Comment

Hi all...

Yes, I would have to say I'm a KDE fan as well, although I have installed Ubuntu (gnome) for myself and others in the past.

Regards....
          Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
          How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
          PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

Working...
          X